• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Birthday Faustina-Post an Ancient!!

10 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Today is Faustina the Younger's 1,891st birthday!!! In honor of my numismatic muse, I'd love to see everyone post an ancient if they have them.  Here's one of my favorite Faustina denarii, RIC# 507, to start us off:

Ancient Coins - Roman Empire, Faustina Jr 147-175, Denarius

Edited by Mohawk

Now that is awesome Don!!! It's a great coin and it's her father.....Antoninus Pius certainly should make an appearance on his daughter's birthday!!! Thank you so much for sharing that piece, it's a beaut!! (thumbsu

~Tom

On 9/22/2021 at 10:13 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Looks like I am going to have to start work on a bimillennial tribute commemorative soon.] doh!

Yes, indeed......in another 109 years.  In all honesty, I'm not worried about that one lol

On 9/23/2021 at 7:43 PM, Lost_in_reality said:

Great Idea.  Great idea.  Dragged me kicking and screaming into my first post.

FAUSTINA JUNIOR RIC III 517c (PIUS).jpg

Beautiful coin!!! Thank you so much for posting it to wish Faustina a happy birthday!!! I'm also pleased that it's your first post :) 

On 9/21/2021 at 4:50 PM, Mohawk said:

Hello all,

Today is Faustina the Younger's 1,891st birthday!!! In honor of my numismatic muse, I'd love to see everyone post an ancient if they have them.  Here's one of my favorite Faustina denarii, RIC# 507, to start us off:

Ancient Coins - Roman Empire, Faustina Jr 147-175, Denarius

fyi....two faustina jr. aureus coming up in baldwin auction next week...6 oct, lots 25-26...

On 10/1/2021 at 8:34 AM, zadok said:

fyi....two faustina jr. aureus coming up in baldwin auction next week...6 oct, lots 25-26...

Thanks for the heads up zadok......but I sadly do not have aureus money at the present time :(  But if I did......I'd be trying for sure.  Thanks for the heads up anyway.....that was an awesome thing to do and I appreciate it (thumbsu