• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this Combination add Worth to this Penny

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm a new member to NCG, I recently have been laid up and chose to use my time recuperating by photographing all my Coins,

1. So I have proof of ownership

2. To Search for any errors or anomalies I my find.

I have found several errors and possible errors but there is one anomaly that I can't get more insight on from the web. So, I'm hoping I can get a few insights here on the NCG Forum.

I have a 1963 UN-Circulated Mint Set and I took photos of the Coin's through the Cellophane and saw many errors in the photos but due to glare from the cellophane I couldn't see the whole in their pockets. So I took the Coins out of the Cellophane and put them in holders for the two sets. and retook the photos only to find non- of the errors that were showing through the Cellophane.  I turned my collections over, looking for another 1963 UN-Circulated Mint Set only to realize that there were impressions on the Cellophane that carried images over to the coins.

So I went to the Second set of photos I took and on the 1963-D Lincoln Memorial cent I found a Second Man in the panel right of Lincoln sitting. Refer to first two photos.

As you can see in these photos the lighting is not the best so I change locations and retook the photos to find the second man was missing. I picked up the coin and looked at it with the naked eye and could see that there was still something there. With a magnifying glass I was able to see the second man again. So I took a Movie and moved the penny around and the man would come and go.

At this point it is my assumption that there is a reflective aspect with this coin that lets the second man be seen under some conditions and not under other conditions.  I'm unable to attach the video here but I hope I have given enough information to get your thoughts on this subject.

Kathey

1936-D Lincoln Memorial Cent O.JPG

1936-D Lincoln Memorial Cent R.JPG

IMG_4054.JPG

IMG_4055.JPG

Just a stain or some toning that gives the appearance when the light hits it a certain way, the second set of photos clearly shows that there is nothing there that would form a shape.

On 9/20/2021 at 10:06 PM, Coinbuf said:

Just a stain or some toning that gives the appearance when the light hits it a certain way, the second set of photos clearly shows that there is nothing there that would form a shape.

I'm with Coinbuf.  This is a case of pareidolia.......the same thing that makes humans see shapes in clouds.

On 9/20/2021 at 9:01 PM, Kathey said:

2. To Search for any errors or anomalies I my find.

This is not a good use of your time. Most anomalies are just garbage damaged coins. The VAST majority are. 

On 9/20/2021 at 9:47 PM, Mohawk said:

I'm with Coinbuf.  This is a case of pareidolia.......the same thing that makes humans see shapes in clouds.

Wait. You mean that WASN’T Underdog????

Hint: there are actually no such things as Super Moons, Blood Moons, or anything special about two full moons in a calendar month, either. They happen on a regular basis. It’s the dumbing down of the people through our news media’s rampant idiocy. 

Edited by VKurtB

If you are under about 55-60, you’ve never experienced an actual respectable media industry. They are ALL hacks, these days. Embarrassments to intelligence. 

Walter Cronkite and Wally Schirra could do a launch broadcast without labeling every third thing as “awesome” or “cool”. Space-X? Not s’much. 

And those are among the best we have now. YouTube and all social media are about a million times worse. 

Edited by VKurtB