• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 D quarter Feedback? Newbie

6 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2021 at 4:42 AM, Dejone Maxwell said:

Obverse:D/D and doubling in "LIBERTY"

Nope.

On 9/16/2021 at 4:42 AM, Dejone Maxwell said:

Reverse: lock on the eagle right leg , numbers 3 and 2 on the the bottom of quarter 

Nope.

If you're looking for errors here are a few websites to read up on before you continue searching. Good luck.(thumbsu

Wexler's Coins and Die Varieties (doubleddie.com)

Variety Vista Home

Part IV. Die Errors: (error-ref.com)

Welcome to the forum Dejone.  The guys above are correct about your coin.  It has seen its fair share of circulation and has suffered damage, in many forms, as a result. It's amazing how we can see things whether or not they are, or are not there, on a coin.  There is a term called paradoia commonly used in numismatics meaning our eyes can see something, and mistakenly interpret that it is something, but in reality it's nothing more than a figment of our imagination.  But then again, numerous hits, dings, contacts marks, etc.... can cause disfiguration to a coin which may in fact appear to be an out of place number or letter.  However, even if it looks like it, it is nothing more than post mint damage (PMD).

On 9/16/2021 at 2:47 PM, Woods020 said:

And I thought I was beat up for an 82 model. This quarter gives me a morale boost 😂

At least it wasn't an 83 year model..... I would have been devastated! (concerning my affection for 83' year coins.... :foryou:)