• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln Commem Addition

9 posts in this topic

I was going to say MS64 from the obverse, but after looking at the reverse I could go MS65. It's hard to tell from that picture. I've noticed many Lincolns look better on the reverse than the obverse. A great looking coin! cloud9.gif

832557-LincolnObverse.jpg832558-LincolnReverse.jpg

Thanks for the comments folks. It is graded MS65 by NGC. I'll probably be selling the AU58 along with a slew of other coins that I've been accumulating that I've ever had graded by NGC or have upgraded. I've just got to find some time to take the pictures and get 'em listed...

Hair wear keeps it AU.... but still a nice coin

screwy.gif

I agree with the grade of 65,although it would probably come back a 64 if re-submitted sign-rantpost.gif

Sorry,I'm just a little ticked at NGC.

Beautiful piece,and the rim toning is absolutly gorgeous!(thumbs up

Congrats!

-Hayden

Thanks Hayden and I feel your pain. Let me carry on with your rant and hijack my own thread. crazy.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

While I had some winners on my last two submissions I also got hammered on over 50% of the coins to the point where it just makes no sense. What hurts is taking some of my latest submissions and comparing them to earlier graded NGC examples and seeing the later ones being better examples but being graded one to two grades lower and/or missing designations. Sigh...I had planned on upgrading my current examples with the ones that came back, but that's not going to happen. I'm also not going to be selling them because I know they're significantly undergraded. So, I'll wait a while until the grading winds are blowing in a more favorable direction, then crack them and resubmit. End rant.