• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I JUST GOT MY 2005 SATIN SETS!!!!

16 posts in this topic

I ordered 10 sets opting for "Expedited Delivery" and I just got them a few minutes ago. I couldn't wait to see what they looked like.

BOY ARE THEY PRETTY! thumbsup2.gif

I haven't examined them all, yet, but the first one I opened is darn near perfect. HIGH GRADES ON ALL! There wasn't a single blemish, ding or flaw on any of them. WOW!!

I think I'll order more.

yay.gifC yay.gifH yay.gifR yay.gifI yay.gifS

If all these Satin sets appear to be of much higher quality than the previous years sets, expect the grading companies to tighten up the grading for these coins.

I guess "expidited shipping" really works! Great! I am so happy that you got good coins. That only bears well for the rest of us. I wonder when the regular shipping people will be getting their coins.

Glad to hear you got the goods!

I guess "expidited shipping" really works! Great! I am so happy that you got good coins. That only bears well for the rest of us. I wonder when the regular shipping people will be getting their coins.

Glad to hear you got the goods!

Jonathan, since you're in Florida (like me), I can tell you that deliveries of past orders with standard shipping usually took 6-9 days to get to me. The orders are processed through the Fulfillment Center in Memphis, and they routinely change shipping routes.

By the way, I went back to the Mint's website to order more sets, and now they are on backorder until 6/17.

Chris

Jonathan, since you're in Florida (like me), I can tell you that deliveries of past orders with standard shipping usually took 6-9 days to get to me. The orders are processed through the Fulfillment Center in Memphis, and they routinely change shipping routes.

By the way, I went back to the Mint's website to order more sets, and now they are on backorder until 6/17.

Chris

My orders have taken about 4-6 days. But I live in North Florida. I believe I only ordered one set of these. Just to have, not to sell. I subscribed and I think I did just one order. I subscribed to a number of things at the same time. Of course they always stagger release of things in order to cash in on that extra shipping charge.

I look forward to receiving my set soon. Thanks for posting that you got yours!

I received my mint sets today. The satin finish is nothing unusual from the normal satiny appearance that appears on all coins once the original prooflike surfaces of the die wear away. I do not think it would be possible to distinguish these pieces from business strikes, to answer that question. The new finish is not very noticeable at all and it’s really nothing special, accept on a few of the Kennedy halves where a visible graininess is apparent, and a number of coins still have a semi-glossy/reflective finish! These coins are very much like the mint sets of last year as far as the satiny texture goes. The only difference is that the dies started with satiny texture instead of wearing to that point. Any disappointments aside, these are amazingly nice coins, and I think these coins will grade very much like the satiny mint set coins of last year did. They have to be clean and bright, with no hairlines or hidden scrapes, either. There is no PL luster to hide behind.

I ordered 10 sets opting for "Expedited Delivery" and I just got them a few minutes ago. I couldn't wait to see what they looked like.

Wow!Expedited Delivery must really be worth it if it only took a few minutes! yeahok.gif

I'm still waiting for my order from the mint,slow... sign-rantpost.gif

Wow!Expedited Delivery must really be worth it if it only took a few minutes! yeahok.gif

I'm still waiting for my order from the mint,slow... sign-rantpost.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Hayden, you've reminded me of an incident that occurred about 10 years ago:

My Mom & Dad were sitting at the breakfast table and I told them a funny joke. Mom broke out in tears with laughter, but my Dad just sat there, straight-faced, continuing to read the newspaper.

FASTFORWARD............

A couple of days later, my Dad was once again sitting at the table and all of a sudden he broke out in laughter. I asked him what was so funny and he replied, "I got it! I got it!"

My Dad passed away in '97 and I miss him very much. God love him!

Chris

I received my mint sets today. The satin finish is nothing unusual from the normal satiny appearance that appears on all coins once the original prooflike surfaces of the die wear away. I do not think it would be possible to distinguish these pieces from business strikes, to answer that question. The new finish is not very noticeable at all and it’s really nothing special, accept on a few of the Kennedy halves where a visible graininess is apparent, and a number of coins still have a semi-glossy/reflective finish! These coins are very much like the mint sets of last year as far as the satiny texture goes. The only difference is that the dies started with satiny texture instead of wearing to that point. Any disappointments aside, these are amazingly nice coins, and I think these coins will grade very much like the satiny mint set coins of last year did. They have to be clean and bright, with no hairlines or hidden scrapes, either. There is no PL luster to hide behind.

Are you happy with them?

I have never gotten these sets in the past, concentrating only on the silver proof sets.

Will I be happy with the coins I receive, do you think?

I sure hope so, I ordered a few extra sets to give to my coworkers. I have gotten them all interested in coins. (small office) Our secretary has been ordering quite a few things from the US Mint website for her son. We'll try to get him interested in coins as soon as he is old enough.

insane.gif

I don't know what I have or have ordered. The Mint has me completely confused. My Subscription order was for (2) Mint Sets and a Silver Proof Set. First Mint online post said that it as shipped (May 5th), second Mint online post on order status says "cancelled" but phone call to Mint says that order # will ship this week (?). They now have replaced the order number with a new number, but for the Mint Sets only (no Proof Set) and that shows "cancelled" online plus only $0.01 cost for the set but the Mint insists that this order will ship this week also(?). So now I have no idea of how many sets that I will get, whether I will get any sets at all or when!?!?

What a pleasure doing business with our Mint! Their service just gets better and better!

makepoint.gif

They are almost identical to mint sets of last year. I am even finding coins with prooflike luster! The coins are great but the satin finish is a joke, in my opinion. It does look unique on the Kennedy halves though. I would say these are essentially regular mint sets, overall.

Got my sets yesterday as I have a subscription at the mint so as to send them directly to my home when they come out. By the way I live in Pa. As for the set they seem a little different than last years set and to me the quarters look especially nicer. I like that satin look as it makes the designs of the new state quarters standout alot better.

papag

Ken

It would be nice if the Mint combined shipping on all sub's but they only produce coins at certain times, so it's not that they try and cash in by staggering shipments. smile.gif

I see what you are saying, however it seems like a scam to me. wink.gif

I guess they have to make one item then make another.

Whenever I order, I scour the site to see if there is anything else I want to order at the same time in order to take advantage of the shipping fee. Call me cheap, but I hate paying $4.95 three times in three weeks. But if I don't order when items come out, they sell out on me. 893whatthe.gif