• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great price for NGC storage box on Modern Coin Mart
1 1

36 posts in this topic

Fast shipping and tracking?  $12 out the door. MCM suprises me every once in a while like Apmex and others.  Between the looking I do and awesome tips like this one. Seems like they all do a “lost leader” and it’s about timing then. Thanks again 🤓🙀

Can you post a Web Link please

On 9/10/2021 at 10:31 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Fast shipping and tracking?  $12 out the door. MCM suprises me every once in a while like Apmex and others.  Between the looking I do and awesome tips like this one. Seems like they all do a “lost leader” and it’s about timing then. Thanks again 🤓🙀

You can usually just wait and find a deal for a three pack on ebay or other sites, you can usually get them for less than that. Or a local coin shop or show would probably have them for the same price or less. I've gone away from using the TPG storage boxes, in the end I wasn't a fan.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:28 AM, Mr.Bill347 said:

When I checked, shipping was more than the cost of the box from NGC. 

Shipping on 5 of them to Texas is quoted at $13.31 to me. So 5 would be $53.31 shipped, which is less than the $60 you'd pay MCM and way less than the $15-20/each most places charge. The main question is how many you're buying. I just buy 5-6 at a time when I buy and slowly fill them up, even if it takes me a while.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:32 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

You can usually just wait and find a deal for a three pack on ebay or other sites, you can usually get them for less than that. Or a local coin shop or show would probably have them for the same price or less. I've gone away from using the TPG storage boxes, in the end I wasn't a fan.

I like them well enough. I haven't found anything I like more. lol I also have like 18 of them now so maybe I just feel stuck / committed. lol

On 9/12/2021 at 8:35 AM, Revenant said:

I like them well enough. I haven't found anything I like more. lol I also have like 18 of them now so maybe I just feel stuck / committed. lol

That's one of the reasons I've stopped using them. What do the normal sized ones hold, 20 slabs I think? I just had too many of them and they took up too much space and don't stack well on top of one another. The 20 coin capacity means having multiple boxes of sets and for me half empty boxes because I don't like combining two different partial sets into the same box. Then different TPG slabs don't fit well or at all in another TPG's storage box. Argh! :frustrated:My TPG storage box experiment lasted about a year till I couldn't take it anymore. 

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Spelling

On 9/12/2021 at 7:43 AM, Fenntucky Mike said:

That's one of the reasons I've stopped using them. What do the normal sized ones hold, 20 slabs I think? I just had too many of them and they took up too much space and don't stack well on top of one another. The 20 coin capacity means having multiple boxes of sets and for me half empty boxes because I don't like combining two different partial sets into the same box. Then different TPG slabs don't fit well or at all in another TPG's storage box. Argh! :frustrated:My TPG storage box experiment lasted about a year till I couldn't take it anymore. 

Yeah. They hold 20. I don't really love mixed boxes and try to avoid them, but I've also started a number of aborted and ill thought out sets / efforts over the years and have 2 boxes that are essentially full of just random stuff I've picked up over the years on a whim that never went anywhere. lol

The issue of multiple boxes for a set is a problem but it's something you hit on any large set. The Zimbabwe Note collection - Small as those pmg note holders are - is still split between 3 boxes and barely fits in 3 because it involves over 100 notes / checks now.

Edited by Revenant

On 9/12/2021 at 6:26 AM, Revenant said:

Doesn't NGC/CCG sell these directly for $8? You have to pay shipping but if you're willing to buy several it works well. I think after shipping you can get 5 boxes for $50 buying direct.

Not that I’ve heard. They come with submissions. Pcgs boxes I’ve bought 3 for $10.  Never seen ngc cheaper than Bills post. Would you mind posting a link. Thanks 

my 3 for $10 was from Coinvault with free shipping 

Edited by James Zyskowski

On 9/12/2021 at 10:52 AM, James Zyskowski said:

Not that I’ve heard. They come with submissions. Pcgs boxes I’ve bought 3 for $10.  Never seen ngc cheaper than Bills post. Would you mind posting a link. Thanks 

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/_search.php?page=1&q=Ngc+storage+box&x=0&y=0&objects_per_page=0&terms=Ngc+storage+box&filter_set=1

On 9/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, James Zyskowski said:

my 3 for $10 was from Coinvault with free shipping 

I guess CCG and NGC need to advertise this better.

https://shop.collectiblesgroup.com/collections/coins

On 9/12/2021 at 9:42 AM, Revenant said:

I guess CCG and NGC need to advertise this better.

https://shop.collectiblesgroup.com/collections/coins

I stand corrected and they sure do need to advertise. Ordered one tonight. $8.00 out the door. Free shipping 😉. Thanks 

18CBBF10-AE94-4406-9EB3-65A5B083943F.thumb.jpeg.177880254587528c5ac268ba16f4256d.jpeg

Edited by James Zyskowski