• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Find of the Day
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Neat find J.P.! I think you definitely have a grease fill die on your hands.  I actually found a great one of those myself about 21 years ago when I lived out in California.  It was a 1999-D Delaware with the last 7 missing from the 1787 date at 12 o'clock on the reverse.  It was pretty cool.

Struck through grease and or

On 9/4/2021 at 11:01 PM, JAnsley said:

Or grease filled die? 

Grease filled die would mean the same thing yes ?  So many different names in Numismatics for the same Bo Bo.lol

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 9/4/2021 at 11:07 PM, Mohawk said:

Neat find J.P.! I think you definitely have a grease fill die on your hands.  I actually found a great one of those myself about 21 years ago when I lived out in California.  It was a 1999-D Delaware with the last 7 missing from the 1787 date at 12 o'clock on the reverse.  It was pretty cool.

Ya I have In God We Rust and a 198  Quarter

On 9/5/2021 at 5:28 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Struck through grease and or

Grease filled die would mean the same thing yes ?  So many different names in Numismatics for the same Bo Bo.lol

Ok thank you for that info i wasn't aware they were one in the same. Well but in that case i withdraw my previous state. I now say JP I concur, struck through grease. And very nice if i may add.  

On 9/5/2021 at 6:49 AM, JAnsley said:

Ok thank you for that info i wasn't aware they were one in the same. Well but in that case i withdraw my previous state. I now say JP I concur, struck through grease. And very nice if i may add.  

Don't be sorry. Like I said it is struck through grease, and a filled die, if you look around the edges of the motto from top to the right side you can see the grease trail in the field of the coin also left its mark.

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 9/5/2021 at 5:55 AM, J P Mashoke said:

Don't be sorry. Like I said it is struck through grease, and a filled die, if you look around the edges of the motto from top to the right side you can see the grease trail in the field of the coin also left its mark.

O ok now im picking up what your throwin down. I understand what you saying then. 

On 9/5/2021 at 7:00 AM, JAnsley said:

O ok now im picking up what your throwin down. I understand what you saying then. 

I say the wrong term or name for errors all the time but the guys here will let me know what is the correct term. They are very knowledgeable it is a daily learning experience and they are nice enough to show us the way.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:05 AM, J P Mashoke said:

I say the wrong term or name for errors all the time but the guys here will let me know what is the correct term. They are very knowledgeable it is a daily learning experience and they are nice enough to show us the way.

I heard that!! Great group guys on here they've sure been a great help & a blessing for sure!!