• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to this dime?

8 posts in this topic

On 9/3/2021 at 7:03 PM, James Zyskowski said:

I got this in a lot purchase last year and just recently looked at it. What is going on with his forehead (I guess die crack) but his nose!🤓🙀

95591FE2-802E-413B-A4AF-84B6D71F338A.png

FF5ED030-DCA1-4B21-BDEE-492EFAF82702.png

FAA3317A-E686-43BB-8759-604717DC7AEA.png

I'm just a newbie but to me it looks like maybe been double struck and it's got Roosevelt head and on top of Roosevelt's head. But im newbie and dont know much but that's what it looks like to me.

I’ve heard speculation that a piece broke loose from some where and got stamped in there. There’s that crack that runs along his forehead. I’ll dig it out and try to get some better pictures. I thought it would be fun for the weekend. New or old we all bring a different perspective and yours is welcome and appreciated

Hey James. On my cell phone and don’t have the best of pics on this small screen but I am going to have to agree with Mike in that it looks like an interior die break. Looks like the die was close to imploding if the die crack on the forehead is pointing at the die break.