• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The coin collector HSN and ASE
1 1

49 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 8:30 AM, James Zyskowski said:

Andy and Tyler got in on the action last night 🤓🙀

That group from Andy and Tyler is an actual "thing" the mint deliberately set aside a group of the last boxes of the type 1 and the first boxes of the type 2's just for specific sale to the distribution group so they could make up these sets.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:03 AM, VKurtB said:

This product brought up a question, which I’m going to post on Ask NGC also. Has anybody seen this with the two 2021 quarters?

VkurtB did you mean ASE or Quarters. I am only aware of Washington crossing the Delaware and Tuskegee airmen which I a bought a roll of each figuring it the WCD might be a one year only design. Funny I’ve yet to receive one in change.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:08 PM, Conder101 said:

That group from Andy and Tyler is an actual "thing" the mint deliberately set aside a group of the last boxes of the type 1 and the first boxes of the type 2's just for specific sale to the distribution group so they could make up these sets.

That’s what I think is the unfair part to us ordinary collectors!

On 9/1/2021 at 2:59 PM, James Zyskowski said:

WCD quarter is interesting. I bought a roll from my NY roll guy.   Got the clad proof set (awesome) still available $32. Look at the uncirculated renderings    Odd configuration 

75002C0A-AF76-44B3-BD11-7AEC671EDFB9.png

We've had an absolute torrent of 2021-P WCD quarters in my neck of the woods!! We do our laundry at a Laundromat (no laundry hookups in our apartment....great apartment with an amazingly low rent cost though) and for about a month almost all of the quarters we got were 2021-P WCDs.  It was crazy!!! The glut seems to have worked itself out now, though.  Lately, we've been getting what looks like a bunch of cashed in State Quarter collections.....fun, fun.  

Edited by Mohawk
Typo

That’s very strange. I’m going to get a roll of Nerat the bank to see.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:02 PM, Mohawk said:

We've had an absolute torrent of 2021-P WCD quarters in my neck of the woods!! We do our laundry at a Laundromat (no laundry hookups in our apartment....great apartment with an amazingly low rent cost though) and for about a month almost all of the quarters we got we 2021-P WCDs.  It was crazy!!! The glut seems to have worked itself out now, though.  Lately, we've been getting what looks like a bunch of cashed in State Quarter collections.....fun, fun.  

On 9/1/2021 at 1:35 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

VkurtB did you mean ASE or Quarters. I am only aware of Washington crossing the Delaware and Tuskegee airmen which I a bought a roll of each figuring it the WCD might be a one year only design. Funny I’ve yet to receive one in change.

I’ve seen the two ASE’s. I asked about the Tuskegee and Washington Crossing pair. With my trip to Chicagoland, the only one I’m missing is a Tuskegee out of the Philly mint. The Washington Crossing ones I’ve found are all extremely nice, Philly and Denver. 

I’ll be ordering the Uncirculated Set to cut it up for my main Dansco current albums. Every piece in there since 1959 has been cut from mint-issued sets, other than 1982-83, of course. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 9/1/2021 at 9:07 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

That’s very strange. I’m going to get a roll of Nerat the bank to see.

Well, if you're looking for WCDs, I wish you luck!!! 

Edited by Mohawk

On 9/1/2021 at 8:44 PM, Mohawk said:

Well, if you're looking for WCDs, I wish you luck!!! 

They were thick as flies in Chicago, and also “downstate” in Alabama. Up here, not s’much. 

On 9/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, VKurtB said:

They were thick as flies in Chicago, and also “downstate” in Alabama. Up here, not s’much. 

That's interesting to hear, Kurt.  Seeing as how I'm in Upstate New York, they seem to have spread far and wide.  I've also seen a glut of 2021-P dimes in my area as well.  The weird thing is that I've only seen a handful of the 2021-P Tuskegee....maybe like 10 or so.  But tons of the 2021-P WCDs....probably into the hundreds when I account for how long we were getting solid rolls of them for our laundry.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:00 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

VkurtB, I have a BU Tuskegee I will give you. Message me your address.

Mr.Bill

I just wait ‘em out, but thanks for the offer. Unless you want to do a swap.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:37 PM, VKurtB said:

I’ve seen the two ASE’s. I asked about the Tuskegee and Washington Crossing pair. With my trip to Chicagoland, the only one I’m missing is a Tuskegee out of the Philly mint. The Washington Crossing ones I’ve found are all extremely nice, Philly and Denver. 

I’ll be ordering the Uncirculated Set to cut it up for my main Dansco current albums. Every piece in there since 1959 has been cut from mint-issued sets, other than 1982-83, of course. 

@VKurtB, I have the Mint sets from 1957 -2020 and was wondering if cutting them up and putting them in Dansco albums would be better than leaving them in ORP?  I see that you do cut them up. Is that something a lot of people do, or just your personal preference?

This is how I keep track of my Quarters, it just so happens that the Ice cube tray has 5 cubes per row and each Park Quarter had 5 coins per year. Except 2021 only had 2 so it is easy to put aside the nice BS coins as I find them for books

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 9/1/2021 at 11:19 PM, VKurtB said:

I just wait ‘em out, but thanks for the offer. Unless you want to do a swap.

VkurtB i would love to swap but since I have all the NP inBu , state quarters in Bu, all I need is any quarter from 1933-1939 lol😆 ironically picked up two rolls of quarters from the bank today and found two MS Tuskegee.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:12 AM, Rummy13 said:

@VKurtB, I have the Mint sets from 1957 -2020 and was wondering if cutting them up and putting them in Dansco albums would be better than leaving them in ORP?  I see that you do cut them up. Is that something a lot of people do, or just your personal preference?

Probably my own quirk. I buy one Uncirculated set per year to cut up, just to keep one Dansco filled with REALLY nice coins. It created an additional need to get examples from circulation from 2005-2010, especially so for the cents, because the matte ones from the 2009 set were a different alloy, as well as finish, from the rolled cents. The 2005-2010 quarters were easy enough, and I bought half dollars, but getting really nice non-matte nickels and dimes took some looking. 

On 9/2/2021 at 3:49 PM, VKurtB said:

I buy one Uncirculated set per year to cut up, just to keep one Dansco filled with REALLY nice coins. I

been doing it for everything since 1965.  penny nickel dime and quarter and half