• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check this out ( this is for the “old” collector

4 posts in this topic

I saw that the other day, it's amazing how many ancient coin hoards are discovered on a yearly basis. You would think that these discoveries would flood the market but that doesn't seem to be the case, as of yet. Most seem to end up in museums or similar establishments. The HA ancients auction last week was interesting, I watched the first 50 lots and most of those coins sold for well above estimates, although the EID - MAR didn't hit the pre auction estimate. Not even close if I remember right.

Now THAT is awesome and totally my kind of thing!!! I love those ancient coin hoard finds!! I'd love to just be able to go through it and see what was in there.  They're later than what I actually collect, but no less fascinating for that.  Thanks for sharing that one, James!