• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any place to sell raw coins?

12 posts in this topic

Ebay -(probably your best bet).

also can try to sell on here on coin market forums .

MA-shops- (might have to be a established dealer to be trusted in MA-shops to sell coins on there) although I’m not sure I don’t sell on MA-shops but I do buy from there from time to time .

Vcoins -is almost same as MA-shops but I like MA-Shops better 

instagram - (I’ve heard of some younger collectors selling coins on Instagram and Facebook market place) 

collectors corner- is a big coin buying/selling site maybe can join there might have good luck 

Really Rick621 EBay has thousands of every coin so the competitors are tough and you can’t always guarantee what a seller says. That said, I buy from sellers who have a good rep and have sold me good products before. I’ve gotten some great deals along the way, however I’m in the process of trying to sell BGS graded baseball cards and not having much luck. The prices I’m posting are excellent but buyers are looking fir dealers with lots of sales. The big consignment sites are way overpriced to cover overhead. Have you tried selling the here on NGC?

Really Mr.Bill347? Back in the late 90's my son got interested in trading cards, football mainly. Being divorced I would get the kids every other weekend. One weekend my son wanted to get some football cards, so I took him to a local card shop to buy some. Thinking cards were still five cents a pack I let him get a few packs. He got six packs and it cost me over $70.00. To make a long story short, I started a business to get a tax number so I would be able to buy directly from a wholesaler. (I had to buy a full box) Over a period of time getting 3-4 boxes every other weekend and him taking what he wanted, It all came to an end, he became uninterested in cards. I ended up with over 50,000 cards! Wanting to get rid of them a card dealer said that Beckett had a buy/sell section on their website. It was a God send. I sold enough cards to more than make my money back. I'm not sure if they are still in operation or not but it might be a start.

The guy who wants to sell the raw coins isn't a member of NGC.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:48 PM, Rick621 said:

Mr.Bill347,

It appears Beckett still has some sort of Marketplace.   https://marketplace.beckett.com/

Rick I’m looking at Beckett and realize if they sell, I can make some significant coin. Their search engine is awesome,

and you can search many ways. I already know I have hundreds of cards worth big money and that’s at first glance.

thanks for the tip!

Mr.Bill347,

All the cards I sold were raw back then. Graded cards were just coming into their own. One card I remember was an autographed Ryan Leaf rookie card, a woman in Montana paid me over $300.00 for it...too bad about Leaf. I would purchase a Beckett magazine look up the price and post the card less than high price ( they were all new, just out of the wrapper) I'm sure all of them would have graded mint. I sold Bret Favre, Dan Marino, John Elway rookie cards for a decent price. I requested payment by cash or cashiers check with a self addressed stamped envelop. It was a lot of posting with no pictures back then but I never got a bad review. I hope Beckett works as well for you as it did me. I still have about 20,000 cards left, I gave them to my son and told him NEVER throw them away or give them to Goodwill, some day they might be worth some good money. I'm sure they're still in mint condition, they've been in boxes since the late nineties...who knows what they'll bring in another 20 years.

I’ll bet over 98% of my coin purchases are raw. The vast majority stay that way and only a few get sent in for grading. 

But then again, the vast majority of my purchases are face to face in person, no need to ship stuff. Almost all exceptions to this are coming from the mint that made them. 

Yes, I travel a good bit, but avoiding shipping hassles is worth it to me.

”I’m an excellent driver. Yeah.” /rocks back and forth

Edited by VKurtB

I think depending on what it is you are selling you will be much more likely to sell raw coins in an in person setting. I, unlike some, will buy coins via pictures but it won’t be raw coins generally. Unless it’s an album filler that isn’t a costly coin, or if it is from a reputable auction house with good pictures, I’m not comfortable buying without seeing it in hand. I think selling raw coins online will be an up hill battle if it is anything nice. Someone will buy anything, but generally speaking a serious collector won’t buy many raw coins without holding it. But just my opinion. I know some will gladly buy like that. 

Edited by Woods020