• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANA Rosemont On-site Report
1 1

66 posts in this topic

Next show: this coming weekend. Blue Ridge Numismatic Association, in Dalton, GA. Pretty much due East of here as the crow flies, but you can’t get there going that way.

On 8/15/2021 at 1:52 PM, VKurtB said:

I have done my last O’Hare Airport experience. Never again. What a god-forsaken hell hole! I’ll drive it from now on, even if solo. I’ll do Midway, or Chicago Union Station, but NEVER AGAIN O’Hare. 

I’ve never had a problem at O’hare although I do  like Midway better. Atlanta and Sometimes Denver are my problem areas. Were you flying United?

On 8/16/2021 at 10:26 PM, Zebo said:

I’ve never had a problem at O’hare although I do  like Midway better. Atlanta and Sometimes Denver are my problem areas. Were you flying United?

‘Murrican. On a tiny Enbraer jet. My biggest issue was they changed our gate 20 minutes before boarding from Gate G14 to Gate L3, and yes, that is as far as it sounds, and my wife is hobbled by a still not healed lisfranc fracture and there was no help available from carts or wheelchairs. A full on horrible experience. If their INTENT were to harm my wife, and by extension me, they could scarcely have done better. Their little switcheroo almost made us too late to catch the flight and we were at the airport 3 hours ahead of time.

Edited by VKurtB

On 8/16/2021 at 10:26 PM, Zebo said:

DFW is simply too much airport. ORD now is too.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:41 PM, VKurtB said:

‘Murrican. On a tiny Enbraer jet. My biggest issue was they changed our gate 20 minutes before boarding from Gate G14 to Gate L3, and yes, that is as far as it sounds, and my wife is hobbled by a still not healed lisfranc fracture and there was no help available from carts or wheelchairs. A full on horrible experience. If their INTENT were to harm my wife, and by extension me, they could scarcely have done better. Their little switcheroo almost made us too late to catch the flight and we were at the airport 3 hours ahead of time.

Ah - that is the problem. For Ohare, you just fly United or to a lesser extent, Delta. I’m surprised that Chicago didn’t tax you for that heavy metal you brought home. After all - they don’t cal! It the land of Taxes for nothing (or is that Lincoln).

On 8/16/2021 at 11:37 PM, Zebo said:

Ah - that is the problem. For Ohare, you just fly United or to a lesser extent, Delta. I’m surprised that Chicago didn’t tax you for that heavy metal you brought home. After all - they don’t cal! It the land of Taxes for nothing (or is that Lincoln).

That award medal, plus some Swiss, British, and Vatican coins and some new 2021 circ finds in flips was all I brought. I couldn’t find a decent deal on any U.S. coins. All waaaaaaay out of line. But I noticed that since summer FUN, the prevailing price on bullion ASE’s fell from $40 to $32. Three weeks.