• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with potential grade

12 posts in this topic

I don't see any reason for it to get less than 63. Surface looks pretty original. I'd guess the big question is the busy bunch of small scrapings in front of her nose, but overall I think it's good enough for that to make 63. Nice buck.

Photos make it impossible on the second one. Too much glare, can't see what I need to see.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:33 PM, ldhall said:

Thanx I'm looking at these - the photos is off site. I'm "gun-shy" on photos after I got one with possible carbon spot (see post Morgan chase) on a graded coin. I really appreciate the input. :) 

If that's the photo they are using to sell the coin, you are wise to avoid giving them money for it. That's the kind of photo designed to hide issues, most probably an ugly cleaning.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:44 PM, ldhall said:

Wow- thanx ; you are talking about the 1891 correct ?

No. The 1891-S.

That 1903 looks like it maybe had an old cleaning on the obverse of the coin little black in 9 and 0 of the date looks to be an upper AU or low MS 60-62 Maybe (weaker strike) the reverse looks like eagle breast feathers been worn a little on high spots AU right there … hard to really tell the second picture has way too much glare and the “photo” color is off we can’t tell you much about that one (if that picture was taken online somewhere someone try sell that coin with pictures like that ? Don’t buy it run away in other direction) bad photos = Bad problems coins ! 

Edited by Jason Abshier

On 8/6/2021 at 8:59 PM, ldhall said:

Thanx - Thoughts of this one ?

74619_1.jpg

74619_2.jpg

Horrible overexposure. Useless photo.