• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions about transfer requests
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have a coin, 5838998-245, that 2 different people have made multiple requests to transfer to their registry account in the past couple of weeks.  I triple checked to ensure I have this coin and the cert number is correct.

Is it possible there are multiple coins with the same cert #?  How can one be sure the slab is genuine?  

I doubt anyone would counterfeit a coin with $100 or less, so I doubt there is a fake here, but could NGC have made a mistake with the cert numbers and if so what can NGC do?

• Administrator
13 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

I have a coin, 5838998-245, that 2 different people have made multiple requests to transfer to their registry account in the past couple of weeks.  I triple checked to ensure I have this coin and the cert number is correct.

Is it possible there are multiple coins with the same cert #?  How can one be sure the slab is genuine?  

I doubt anyone would counterfeit a coin with $100 or less, so I doubt there is a fake here, but could NGC have made a mistake with the cert numbers and if so what can NGC do?

Hello, Blake.

It is very possible that someone is advertising the sale of a similar coin and has a stock photo with your certification number shown in the photo. Please continue to reject transfer requests. No NGC certification number is ever used twice. For authenticity questions, please contact Customer Service. You may reach them at service@NGCcoin.com or at 1-800-642-2646. Thank you.