• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the unofficial record....

18 posts in this topic

For the longest time a submission sat in QC? I know Long Beach is this week, so I'm destined for another week there, but I'm going on 3+ weeks, or maybe it just seems that long. wink.gif

I have a 2nd Economy submission that went in 4/15, and is still "scheduled for grading". This is the third economy submission in a row that is going to be at/near 60 days before it, most likely, gets back to me.

60 days loses business. Small guys like me can't afford to have submissions hanging around FL. for a couple months.

The Early Bird submissions have been ok, timewise, but these Economy sub's are killing me.

Ok, tangent over. Have to find that pcgs paperwork now...........

Darin,

I think you are clogging up the system with all those 2005 proof sets you have been cracking. wink.gifgrin.gif

For the longest time a submission sat in QC? I know Long Beach is this week, so I'm destined for another week there, but I'm going on 3+ weeks, or maybe it just seems that long. wink.gif

I had one sit in QC for an eon before I realized why it was stuck and had someone kick it thru. I've had others take well over a week.

I have a 2nd Economy submission that went in 4/15, and is still "scheduled for grading".

Hey, that's not fair. I've got two invoices that arrived on 4/13 that are still in the Received stage.

This is the third economy submission in a row that is going to be at/near 60 days before it, most likely, gets back to me.

The current turnaround time shows 45 business days, so a little over 2 months for grading. Yep, it really sucks that it's taking this long, but ALL the major services are swamped with coins. You're not really going to get faster turnaround times with any other service.

Ok, tangent over. Have to find that pcgs paperwork now...........

27_laughing.gif

1) PCGS is saying 42 business days. Given the fact that a PCGS business day occurs very infrequently, they are likely taking much longer to get coins turned around.

2) Those 42 business days don't take into account the three weeks it takes for them to log your coins into their system.

3) Don't forget to factor in the time for multiple resubmissions to get the correct grade.

Don't forget to factor in the time for multiple resubmissions to get the correct grade.

Greg, you forgot to add in the extra cash for those resubs with not so much as a prayer that you'll ever get the "correct grade".

Don't forget to factor in the time for multiple resubmissions to get the correct grade.

Greg, you forgot to add in the extra cash for those resubs with not so much as a prayer that you'll ever get the "correct grade".

I forgot about the cost for the Presidential Review where a guy who does NOT have the respect of the real graders lobbies them to change the incorrect grade to the correct grade.

Darin,

I think you are clogging up the system with all those 2005 proof sets you have been cracking. wink.gifgrin.gif

PULEASE! smile.gif

The PCGS paperwork comment.........simply a bluff. What's that saying........"been there, done that". wink.gifsmile.gif

Shouldn't the modern stuff be graded in a seperate building? That way the backlong caused by all those Silver Eagle, Modern Commem's, Proof Sets, and other "stuff" (was going to say [#@$%!!!], but didn't want to offend anyone. wink.gif)

THEN, any backlog caused by that material would only effect the TV guys and the other modern submitters.

Actually, modern stuff is probably running quicker than basic Economy, but I wouldn't know for sure.

I mean, c'mon. How long does it take to look at a silver Eagle, and say " 69, 69, 69, 69" and then toss in a "70" every 25th coin or so to keep the masses happy. smile.gif

Actually, modern stuff is probably running quicker than basic Economy, but I wouldn't know for sure.

23 business days for Modern vs. 45 for Economy.

I mean, c'mon. How long does it take to look at a silver Eagle, and say " 69, 69, 69, 69" and then toss in a "70" every 25th coin or so to keep the masses happy. smile.gif

They're real tight-asses on Moderns right now. They'll be throwing in a bunch of 68s for you. frown.gif

They're real tight-asses on Moderns right now. They'll be throwing in a bunch of 68s for you. frown.gif

Good god man, I would never have a modern submission in there. Never say never I guess, but I can tell you for sure I don't look for that stuff. smile.gif

My 4/13 Economy were in Grading yesterday and Quality Control today. I'm guessing I'll have grades Friday or Monday. You should have grades two days after that, but since several of us reported this thread to NGC, I'd guess Mid-August if you are lucky.

Mid-august sounds about right. PLUS, they'll probably hammer me on the grades. wink.gifsmile.gif

Can I make another tangent post if I feel I was jipped on the grades? Pleeeeeeeaaaassssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!

At this point, they might as well get them off in the mail in August. Just in time for the busy season. Who wants coins hanging around in the summer. smile.gif

Can I make another tangent post if I feel I was jipped on the grades? Pleeeeeeeaaaassssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!

No, you may not. And if you post submission results here without either pictures/history/insight into the coins, we hunt you down and for you to grade Sacagaweas.

...we hunt you down and for you to grade Sacagaweas.

Even worse, I've heard they force you to grade Proof Ike dollars with a halogen lamp! 893whatthe.gif

jom

PLUS, they'll probably hammer me on the grades. wink.gifsmile.gif

Grades? What grades? You've got a boatload of bodybags coming your way. stooges.gif

OK, they shipped.

I like NGC, but there is no way I can wait that long again on an economy submission. 2+ months just doesn't work for me.

So, what are the options?

Sell the stuff raw. Works with the wholesale stuff, but greatly effects the marketability of most coins, in my opinion.

Send the economy stuff to ANACS (already doing that to some extent). I've got to say, they do a much better job than most give them credit for, and their 5 day service for $15 kicks butt.

Don't mess with anything under $300 in value so Earlybird ends up the tier of choice (what's the current delay at this tier?).

Try PCGS (good gosh the horror of it)

Ignore the wait, and be happily surprised and satisfied that the coins actually came back within 6 months. wink.gif

Hey Darin and all,

We did have an influx of economy submissions and still are receiving lots of coins at all levels, but I did want to post to let you know that we have and are really making major strides in cutting this tier time down significantly as I think you will be noticing on our return times if, hopefully, you decide to send us some more coins hail.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Oh, I'll be sending more coins. Just sent an EXPRESS submission, so I could have the coins back and not take any chances. wink.gif

I'll be sending an Earlybird submission in early next week, so........;)