• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I being a problem in this ?

18 posts in this topic

I bought a coin off ebay and the coin was polished when I received it and want to send it back and this is what I got in return.

You asked:

"The coin I received has been wiped and polished. All the luster is gone and the reverse looks stripped. It is far from UNC.It is basically worthless. I would like a refund. Iwill ship the coin back within 24 hours of confirmation of refund to be given."

This is [#@$%!!!] it was a self grade auction I tried to describe it the best of my ability and now its so called worthless it just pisses me off you can't read the listing says be judge yourself, I will send you refund but will not refund shipping next time don't bid on my coins because every one has expectations thats why I let people grade for them selves I will give refund when coin is received thats how this will work or no refund I clearly stated no return but to save the hassle of dealing with you just send it back and will send out refund thats about the best its gonna get.

"The coin has been polished is why it is worthless. I paid for shipping and you will refund it as well. I have to pay for return shipping. I will not tolerate your attitude because you sent me a problem coin and got caught doing it. I will take this as far as I have to to get a full refund. You are mad because you know you got caught doctoring coins."

No the coin is not polished and was sold as is your being a little [#@$%!!!] about it so I'm going to give you a refund cause you oviously can't read a whole description coin was sold as is I did not fool with this coin in anyway since I've owned it and would never sell it to you knowing soming was wrong with it I noted the spot on reverse and did not notice anything that would make the coin worthless as matter fact soon as I get it back someone else will buy it disproving your worthless theory your just mad because you bought this coin and are not happy with it and buyers remorse is saying srew him make him eat it no sir you want refund send coin back but I will not refund shipping and if you want to take this to the top go ahead it all comes down to negative feedback and once you leave it you know you'll have it coming too and for what your to cheap to pay the shipping on a coin you bought as is with no return just send coin back and eat the shipping.

Ebay Auction link

830367-IMG_0701_edited.JPG

830374-IMG_0700.JPG

830367-IMG_0701_edited.JPG.cc0c6a7ac6c3f117429a2590fa5c99d4.JPG

No. He didn't clearly state in his ramblings that there were no returns, just that it was "self-graded". I'd say he's a scammer that doesn't want a second neg so soon for misrepresenting his coins, so he's willing to concede a return. If you do return it, I'd get some kind of delivery confirmation, since that coin has high odds of being lost in the mail without it.

Tell the SOB that his listing did not have a "No Return" policy and you want your entire refund including shipping. If he won't concede, file a complaint with eBay. Be sure to get a full printout of the listing for proof of your claim.

It's a good thing it wasn't me. I'd make the 2-hour drive to Jupiter just to pi$$ him off. With his nasty attitude, I'd really hope that he so much as touched me gently.

Stick to your guns, pig!

Chris

PS. Maybe we could convince Arch that we need a permanent thread at the top where we can list rip-off artists, scammers and nasty dirt-bags.

My advice is this: 1----Buy only with sellers who offer a return

2--- You need to be "really" good to buy "raw" off of Ebay. So, if you are not an expert, stick to NGC or PCGS or ANACS and still be careful. Make sure of a return policy.

3--- If the seller states that it is your judgement in the end, believe him. You are the one pushing the buttons----NOT HIM.

4---- Ebay is not an "approval service". When he starts a Morgan off at 9.99 with no reserve, he takes a chance that he will sell it for only the 9.99.

5---- Sure, he is a scumbag seller. But you are not using good judgement in buying from him. You are not going to get an uncleaned and not messed with Morgan in MS quality grade of 64 or higher off of Ebay for 18 bucks very often. Even the common 1889 or the 1921.

6----You can take this to Ebay and complain all you want. The very best that you will do is give yourself a headache. Take the 18 bucks back---if he will indeed give it back---and forget the postage. Then "LEARN" from your "own" mistake.

7----There are thousands upon thousands of these guys selling stuff on Ebay that are like this guy. You must "educate" yourself to "NOT BUY" from this sort of guy.It would be nice if indeed they were honest. But you must assume that they are not. And---Ebay does not care---they really do not care. So never expect any help from them. It is indeed a "BUYER"S BEWARE" type of marketplace. And, if you deal there, you must learn to be smarter than they are. And, even then, once in awhile you still might get fooled. Bob [supertooth]

I can understand the guy being a little upset with you. You called his coin worthless and basically accused him of trying to cheat you. You could have been more tactful in your approach and started off explaining why the coin doesn't match your expectations and ask if it would be OK to return it.

And if a buyer sent me this: "The coin has been polished is why it is worthless. I paid for shipping and you will refund it as well. I have to pay for return shipping. I will not tolerate your attitude because you sent me a problem coin and got caught doing it. I will take this as far as I have to to get a full refund. You are mad because you know you got caught doctoring coins." it would be the end of conversing with him. I'd tell him to keep the coin, go F himself, leave him negative feedback, and block him from bidding.

My advice is this: 1----Buy only with sellers who offer a return

2--- You need to be "really" good to buy "raw" off of Ebay. So, if you are not an expert, stick to NGC or PCGS or ANACS and still be careful. Make sure of a return policy.

3--- If the seller states that it is your judgement in the end, believe him. You are the one pushing the buttons----NOT HIM.

4---- Ebay is not an "approval service". When he starts a Morgan off at 9.99 with no reserve, he takes a chance that he will sell it for only the 9.99.

5---- Sure, he is a scumbag seller. But you are not using good judgement in buying from him. You are not going to get an uncleaned and not messed with Morgan in MS quality grade of 64 or higher off of Ebay for 18 bucks very often. Even the common 1889 or the 1921.

6----You can take this to Ebay and complain all you want. The very best that you will do is give yourself a headache. Take the 18 bucks back---if he will indeed give it back---and forget the postage. Then "LEARN" from your "own" mistake.

7----There are thousands upon thousands of these guys selling stuff on Ebay that are like this guy. You must "educate" yourself to "NOT BUY" from this sort of guy.It would be nice if indeed they were honest. But you must assume that they are not. And---Ebay does not care---they really do not care. So never expect any help from them. It is indeed a "BUYER"S BEWARE" type of marketplace. And, if you deal there, you must learn to be smarter than they are. And, even then, once in awhile you still might get fooled. Bob [supertooth]

Yeah, I guess you're right, Bob! And, I can see Greg's point, too! I guess it's a good thing that I don't have any reason to drive to Jupiter.

Chris

And if a buyer sent me this: ...I will not tolerate your attitude because you sent me a problem coin and got caught doing it...You are mad because you know you got caught doctoring coins." it would be the end of conversing with him. I'd tell him to keep the coin, go F himself, leave him negative feedback, and block him from bidding.

But you'd never get that email, because you're much too clever to ever get caught insane.gif

No the coin is not polished and was sold as is your being a little [#@$%!!!] about it so I'm going to give you a refund cause you oviously can't read a whole description coin was sold as is I did not fool with this coin in anyway since I've owned it and would never sell it to you knowing soming was wrong with it I noted the spot on reverse and did not notice anything that would make the coin worthless as matter fact soon as I get it back someone else will buy it disproving your worthless theory your just mad because you bought this coin and are not happy with it and buyers remorse is saying srew him make him eat it no sir you want refund send coin back but I will not refund shipping and if you want to take this to the top go ahead it all comes down to negative feedback and once you leave it you know you'll have it coming too and for what your to cheap to pay the shipping on a coin you bought as is with no return just send coin back and eat the shipping.

Forget about the coin. I say he should be shot just for his run-on sentences alone.

FACT

I made my comments before reading what others wrote previous to me, therefore, there is some overlap.

The seller does not say that this is a no refund auction, so I believe you should be able to ask for a refund if not satisfied. However, I believe you were way out of line with the email you sent to the seller, all you need to say is that you are returning the coin for refund. As for the shipping, is it really worth all your time and aggravation for the few bucks? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree with Greg and Tom. Be happy with getting a refund. Think of eating the shipping charges as your cost to examine the coin in hand.

It seems people get into distasteful arguments when they try to teach each other how to behave. Making accusations you can't prove doesn't help either (who knows who first polished the coin?) The goal is to get your money back. No need to explain why the coin is a POS, just ask for the money back. If the seller asks why then and only then you can explain the coin didn't meet the expectations after carefully reading the auction listing. Then, of course, never bid on that sellers auctions again.

I agree with the others regarding your intial email. Pretty harsh stuff and his reply to you was MUCH nicer than mine would have been.

After looking at the listing, why would you bid on that? The picture on the listing looks goofy (for lack of a better term).

For the 22.00 you have in this thing. I'd keep it and tape it to a place on your monitor so it is staring at you the next time you think about bidding on something similar on ebay.

Someone said it very cleverly "eBay made everybody a coin dealer" This guy seems more totally clueless than a rip artist. That doesn't help your situation though. Whatever it is you do, I'd get it over asap and leave this guy behind.

If people cannot use correct sentence structure and punctuation properly to describe the item they are selling, then eBay should allow them a picture and a question mark and that's it! Then all those items could be put under a section called "The Fish Bowl"

Jerry

I guess it's a good thing that I don't have any reason to drive to Jupiter.

Chris

Exactly right, Chris! Since you're already out there in LaLa Land, you are already there! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif

PS. Maybe we could convince Arch that we need a permanent thread at the top where we can list rip-off artists, scammers and nasty dirt-bags.

Excellent idea, Choogy-baby.

Excellent responses on this thread. Makes one realize how much cumulative knowledge can be accessed on this forum if one only asks.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

S confused-smiley-013.gif

Excellent responses on this thread. Makes one realize how much cumulative knowledge can be accessed on this forum if one only asks.

Asks what?

confused-smiley-013.gifC confused-smiley-013.gifH confused-smiley-013.gifR confused-smiley-013.gifI confused-smiley-013.gifS confused-smiley-013.gif

S confused-smiley-013.gif

Asks what?

confused-smiley-013.gifC confused-smiley-013.gifH confused-smiley-013.gifR confused-smiley-013.gifI confused-smiley-013.gifS confused-smiley-013.gif

Er, um ... the answer to your question is in the title to this post: "Am I being a problem in this ?"

You ain't the brightest bulb in Las Vegas now are ya, Chris. Oh well, maybe your mama still luvs ya!

And I guess that I'm just a little fond of you myself, but don't tell anyone, 'tay, Buckwheat??