• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s Your Opinion? More Sets Delivered Today
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hello All! 

I decided to buy some more 2021 Silver Proof Sets. I took two pics under the scope of two separate 2021 Tuskegee Quarters, one is fine - the other has noticeable problems. Anyone else having similar issues with this set and/or have an opinion on this? The sets are still sealed.

I appreciate your feedback! 

D3A12D55-A926-4FC7-9202-85842A2479F9.jpeg

5AFC84EE-00F9-431E-AD4E-D4C397297828.jpeg

Edited by Xtura

Yeah, for sure. I don’t think i’ve received a set with such obvious issues in years. Anyone else having similar issues with the mint lately, with this set, or just one of those things? 

Edited by Xtura

The Mint's laser "frosting" used to be a lot worse. it's far inferior to traditional sandblasting (using real silica dust no glass beads). A close look at the photos above show banding and other defects in the randomization and control routines (stripes and duplicated patterns).

Mint laser frosting is my favorite, mmmmm.

It's not an uncommon defect, I believe the Mint has a return policy but you may be out the return shipping charges.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:29 PM, Xtura said:

Hello All! 

I decided to buy some more 2021 Silver Proof Sets. I took two pics under the scope of two separate 2021 Tuskegee Quarters, one is fine - the other has noticeable problems. Anyone else having similar issues with this set and/or have an opinion on this? The sets are still sealed.

I appreciate your feedback! 

D3A12D55-A926-4FC7-9202-85842A2479F9.jpeg

5AFC84EE-00F9-431E-AD4E-D4C397297828.jpeg

My back story on this would be... the only Tuskeegee Airman to take a bullet to the chin -- and survive to complete his mission?  Sound plausible?