• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help with this 1938? Lincoln

5 posts in this topic

I can't tell what's going on with this one. At first glance I just thought damage on the date. Looking further, I think although there is damage, there is something else going on. Can anyone help me with a thought?  I put another 38 next to it to compare.  The line in the middle of the eight is going Northwest when in fact it should be East West. Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thank you in advanced.

20210425_115232.jpg

20210425_115243.jpg

Looks as tho it has taken a good hit and the metal has been displaced to the viewers left and up which gives the appearance that the middle of the 8 is canted.   Strictly PMD as I see it.

I concur with Buf. The straightened (non-snowman, if you golf) side almost surely couldn't have gotten that way in Philly. I can think of a couple reasonable speculations on the type of impact, but none of them would change the value, and I'd probably be wrong unless I had it under a microscope.