• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019w penny double dies

6 posts in this topic

Welcome to the chat box.

Correct terminology is Doubled Die. 
Please post a clear picture of both sides of the coin you are referring to. We need something to look at. 
Many times Machine Doubling is mistaken for a DD.

2 hours ago, CDirkse said:

Thanks for the clarification. I dont have any pictures. I just sent it in to be graded. I was just wondering if there were any others. 

Dies are now made using a single squeeze process so traditional doubled dies like the 1955, 1972, etc., are not possible.  There is a way for doubling to occur on single squeeze dies, but it’s usually minor.  Wexler has an explanation on his site.

http://www.doubleddie.com/58222.html

I don’t believe there is much interest in this type of doubling.  However, if you find them interesting, don’t let me discourage you.  Research and discovery are always good

You can always check for known doubled dies at

www.doubleddie.com

www. varietyvista.com

http://www.lincolncentresource.com/

4 hours ago, CDirkse said:

Thanks for the clarification. I dont have any pictures. I just sent it in to be graded. I was just wondering if there were any others. 

Suggest that in future you post your coin here before spending $$$ on authentication and "grading."

There are none reported that I have seen or heard about.  Next time you need to do your research before you send in a coin and pay for the variety service, NGC has a list of the varieties they will attribute and there are no 2019 Lincoln coins on that list.   So you will get your coin back graded and holdered with no variety on the label, homework first submissions after.

Edited by Coinbuf