• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

10 cents 2002-D type of error?

8 posts in this topic

I just want to know if this error? Not too sure if buffalo is the one that struck on the face.. May l ask your thoughts about what's going on to this dime? 
Thanks so much!

2AC91B04-0133-457A-8D59-8A5D59C32D4C.jpeg

79CD585D-AD4A-48CA-A05B-C2D877B25591.jpeg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Greenstang said:

That could not have happened during the striking of the coin so it has to be damage.

Hi Greenstang may l ask question about my 80's dime? They weigh around 2.30- 2.60 gr.  mostly and some of the 90's 2.10-2.27 gr.

I know the actual weight is 2.27 and copper nickle is the metal content so my question is are those considered normal for over 2.27gr? Or might fall on silver other metal content ?

This case is also similar to my Quarters.

Thanks really appreciate!.

Hi Greenstang may l ask question about my 80's dime? They weigh around 2.30- 2.60 gr.  mostly and some of the 90's 2.10-2.27 gr.

I know the actual weight is 2.27 and copper nickle is the metal content so my question is are those considered normal for over 2.27gr? Or might fall on silver other metal content ?

The Mint tolerance for a clad dime is +- .09 so anything between  2.18 and 2.36 is acceptable.

The silver proof dimes weigh 2.5g but they would have an S mint mark.

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

The obverse looks VF, the reverse is a bit too blurry to tell if the lines in the wheat ears are all there, but also looks VF. It might even go low XF in hand. Still not worth the cost of submission, though. I would put the value of this one in the $8 - $12 range, judging by "sold" listings on Ebay.

On 3/30/2021 at 11:06 AM, Greenstang said:

The Mint tolerance for a clad dime is +- .09 so anything between  2.18 and 2.36 is acceptable.

The silver proof dimes weigh 2.5g but they would have an S mint mark.

Hi Greenstang thank you for the info l have 1970 - 1977 ranging 2.51-3.63 another thing is there a possible that silver will struck at the same 2.27 or may be would you mind lf l will send some of my coins image so might can help me out with their pricing and posted in my ebay acc if ever and save some fior my kids..

Thank you so much!