• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an error on the coin?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

All along the shirt, under the beard and up to the mouth...there appear to be marks that I think look like they occurred in production vs handling. The back is unmarked. What is your opinion? image.thumb.jpg.9c38908bd70b6c2d00a9ac694953f95f.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.0e1bc5943f3723c8e35b4824c52a5268.jpg

2 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

Details-Genuine

Is Details-Genuine a higher grade than Ungradeable or PO01?. Not sure if Ungradeable is holdered when requested. I know Details-Genuine and PO01 can be holdered.

Edited by Modwriter
Typing error

31 minutes ago, Modwriter said:

Is Details-Genuine a higher grade than Ungradeable or PO01?. Not sure if Ungradeable is holdered when requested. I know Details-Genuine and PO01 can be holdered.

It's not a grade at all. But if the coin was submitted, then I don't see why the request would not be made by NGC. The coin has damage which in a polite term is Details. Plus it is a genuine cent so my guess would be it would holder as  Details-Genuine. 

Edited by bsshog40

37 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

It's not a grade at all. But if the coin was submitted, then I don't see why the request would not be made by NGC. The coin has damage which in a polite term is Details. Plus it is a genuine cent so my guess would be it would holder as  Details-Genuine. 

Thanks Boss. I was just researching coin grading and Low Ball Coins popped up. Never heard of this before and I guess it is a recognized genre of coin collecting. There are actual Lowball Registry sets, mostly coins from the 1800's. About ten years ago a PO01 1897-S Morgan Dollar sold for $565.