• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 nickel mint mark

8 posts in this topic

Ok I just nearly fried my brain on your other question, but Ill try this one too. Looks like it is a D mintmark with a possible partial grease strike through. No crackpot theories on this one.

22 minutes ago, Sharann said:

20210325_010712.jpg

Thank you kindly for the pic. I would say this is maybe a grease strike through as well. Maybe on the top of the S too. Looks like Jerry was very liberal with his grease that day. P.S. Those two moles on his neck look suspicious. He may want to have those checked.

Edited by Lem E

It looks like the obverse die was polished at some point, resulting in some weak areas inc the mm.  There is also weakness in the jacket, neck,  and pony tail.  IMO, I think it's a cool find.  Too bad it has some environmental damage 

I think the Rev may be a minor debris filled die.

5 hours ago, Oldhoopster said:

It looks like the obverse die was polished at some point, resulting in some weak areas inc the mm.  There is also weakness in the jacket, neck,  and pony tail.  IMO, I think it's a cool find.  Too bad it has some environmental damage 

I think the Rev may be a minor debris filled die.

Thank you!