• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1910 Lincoln Cent found in my spare change.
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Found this old worn out Lincoln cent in my change a while back. Kind of forgot I had it, and ran across it again. Probably the most worn out coin I have seen in hand. Looks smooth as eggs until you get it under some light. It has definitely seen some action. I noticed that the T at the end of the word trust on the obverse is gone. May have been rubbed off. The reverse is rough as a stucco bathtub. Looks like it has been jabbed with a knife a few times and a game of tic tac toe was in the works. Just thought I would share this with the rest onions. Crazy what is still out there in the wild. Enjoy this beater.

92E59554-27A9-4DDD-A14C-A69330DA01DC.jpeg

EBA0B6EA-3284-4512-BB65-ABF8E6E5A4B8.jpeg

290E7CD9-29BA-4C64-920E-27B1B1E9D286.jpeg

39401827-BA07-4297-AFF1-5228A75A98B4.jpeg

As the generation of War-time and baby boomers die off, their collections assembled from circulation will be disbursed. Nice VF and EF cents, nickels and others will begin appearing in pocket change and be snapped up by today's collectors. Silver coins will be released in a similar manner although at a bullion premium.

Unfortunately, your 1910 cent is not one of them -- but maybe next time! :)

10 hours ago, Lem E said:

Can’t find us a W quarter, but I can find this. Go figure.

800 quarters later and I cannot find a W quarter either. Apparently our partners will have to carry us through. I thought this was going to be easy (not) but it is fun.

5 hours ago, Grant Gerlinger said:

That’s a pretty cool find. I haven’t found anything like that recently. My best find ever was when I was 10. I found a standing liberty quarter in my change. It was in pretty rough shape and a 1930 but still a cool find.

Thanks. Yea she’s not the prettiest prom date, but it’s a little more interesting than most of my change.

8 hours ago, Moxie15 said:

Well who would you rather talk to, the prom queen beauty pageant winner whose idea of a great day starts at the beauty parlor, then tea with the 'girls', then on to the spa, and finishes with a night at the opera or ballet, OR her twin sister who flies a WWI biplane, drank Jack Nicholson under the table, supped with the Prince of Whales, has a scar on her cheek from that night in Bangkok, and can score 95 out of a hundred at a thousand yards with a .30 caliber rifle?

Just like your cent, I think the second would be far more interesting than a beauty queen.

You make a valid point my friend. As long as she has all her teeth, I’m good with it.

53 minutes ago, Moxie15 said:

with her history it might be a great story how she lost that tooth...

You sure like em rough don’t ya Moxie. lol