• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A nice find in today’s Nickel hunt
2 2

9 posts in this topic

25x$2 nickel rolls

2.5 rolls with 1980 and older nickels

13 nickels 1965 and older

Only one somewhat rare variation: whistling queen

though it’s only valued at around $1 CAD, pretty excited to add this one to my collection.

The phone camera doesn’t depict the variation well. Will have to upload microscope pictures shortly

C804C1B4-119B-4067-AF5E-6B03412239E5.jpeg

F134E6C9-AAAA-4B2F-9E9B-9716D3FF79FA.jpeg

Nice coin, but up you got ripped man, it’s only a nickel! Lol 😆 I got a couple of Canadian quarters in my last batch from the bank. I asked for hand rolled quarters, nickels, dimes,pennies not federal reserve mint rolls. Got quite lucky,

found a very good number of nice coins. And I get to take the rest back to the bank and get more, repeat. Fun!

Wouldn’t say got ripped, technically I still possess the $50 I gave the bank in exchange for $50 in nickels. Haha, it probably is nice to find quarters and dimes in a nickel roll, but this was my first nickel hunt. I got pretty excited when I found 4 1965 nickels, but they all turned out to be small bead variety. At least my nickel collection is coming to completion. I will be documenting every time I do this thing, just to see how many on average, out of 1000 nickels, are rare.

[I don't know.  Maybe it's just me, but I have been watching the lips of her Royal Highness now for eighteen hours straight and haven't seen them move once.  Whistling?  How?  Where?  When?  To whom?  Certainly not me.] 😉

4 hours ago, Conder101 said:

On the bright side they each have 8 cents worth of nickel in them.

Norilsk-Talnakh [nickel, cobalt, palladium, platinum, copper and coal] mining-mettalurgical complex, largest in world, built by GULAG prisoners. Northernmost city in world and one of its worst polluters.