• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1877 peace dollar
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I took this to my local company n dealer and he said as far as he knows it is a real peace dollar. It weighs 27.1 g and doesn't stick to a magnet. He suggested getting it graded. It's in great shape. Any ideas on what grade it would be?

IMG_20210128_220901~2.jpg

IMG_20210128_220821~3.jpg

Then your dealer is dumber than a bag of wet nickels, because that's not a Peace dollar. It's a Trade dollar. I expect that mistake from novices and it's no reflection on them, but if a dealer really said it, you found one of the dumbest ones ever.

The photos make it impossible to tell whether it's cleaned, but I suspect it's been whizzed. As for authenticity, I can't tell for sure.

yes sir the swirl lines on the obverse gives it a way :(  too bad she was a nice looking Trade Dollar :( 

Circulated, scrubbed, dirtied to hide the scrubbing. Suggest the OP not go near the dimwit who told him it was a "Peace dollar."