• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Block Island Quarter
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Needing help, I am new to Error collecting. I believe i have found an error Coin.  I cant find anything on it though, my question is if mine is the first true error of that coin is it worth sending it in and certifying it? My coin is the Block Island Quarter ill add a pick of it. my question is whit this coin it looks to be a strike through from the reverse to the obverse, the ring around the reverse side seems to have come through on the front side, its perfectly lined up where the ring on the reverse side is only its on the front side and it goes through all lettering and all plain to the nekkid eye to see.1169503962_blockislanderror.thumb.jpg.63d98f1946e76cbc81db098b248b2987.jpg511480637_error25cent2.thumb.jpg.376bec2e387c0ca47f358d741981bcae.jpg

bloc.jpg

I’m sure you’ve at some point seen the neatly rolled coins at a bank or store. When they crimp the ends of those rolls, it sometimes scars the end coin, which is what you are seeing. Just to give you some context of what probably happened. You will see it fairly often if you look at many coins.