• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1996 p Nickel Strike Through error
2 2

15 posts in this topic

[No offense intended but this creation exhibits all the classic tell-tale signs of a tertiary stage ratzie reject.]  A most peculiar pattern of wear and damage that virtually obliterates the date and other legends while leaving every hair on Jefferson's head untouched. 

4 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

I have seen this before. Gimme a few and I'll be back. (Read it how Schwartznigger did or not at all).

Yep, likely a STG. Sucks cause I was hoping for something else.

5 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

I have seen this before. Gimme a few and I'll be back. (Read it how Schwartznigger did or not at all).

[A most regrettable misspelling of a former governor's name.]

@Quintus Arriusall I can do was to sound it out, ans it looked correct, not that I've ever had a habit of writing it out. So that is what I came up with. Feel free to spell it out for me and I'll be happy to fix it. As a matter of fact, it still looks right as I look at it now. I wonder if you can spell your own name as I would, A**h***?

Edited by KarenHolcomb
Because dude is a JO

14 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

@Quintus Arriusall I can do was to sound it out, ans it looked correct, not that I've ever had a habit of writing it out. So that is what I came up with. Feel free to spell it out for me and I'll be happy to fix it. As a matter of fact, it still looks right as I look at it now. I wonder if you can spell your own name as I would, A**h***?

You're doing just fine.  Everyone appreciates a bright and cheerful person.  Especially the moderators!

On 2/17/2021 at 3:33 PM, Coinbuf said:

It may have been a grease strike through on the letters not the nose as that looks like obvious damage, however the poor condition does not allow for a clear call between wear/damage vs a grease strike through. 

Looks pretty messy to me. I don't see any good reason to think it's a grease-filled die. It's possible, I suppose.

@Quintus Arriusyou know, it took me a minute to realize what you were implying. At first I assume you were simply a Grammar Nazi and being the granddaughter of an English Teacher that offended me. Now I do see what your problem is and that is that you are a, well I think your original statement says a whole lot more about you than it does me and I welcome the Moderators and the Admins to make their determination of whether or not your comment was from the fingers of a racist fool. Do have a nice day. 

6 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

@Quintus ArriusI welcome the Moderators and the Admins to make their determination of whether or not your comment was from the fingers of a racist fool.

Stinging comment. By far the worst leveled against me.  I tell you what, I am going to allow my army of ignorers who also happen to be my most avid followers review our exchange.  Me?  I'm going to "Ask Alexa" and see what she has to say.

I came across what I thought it might be yesterday. Actually had this screenshot in my Google Photos. I just don't like the Reverse is like sunken in and this Coin in my picture is very similar, imo.

@JKK

Screenshot_20200912-084732.jpg