• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CDN'S CAC Rare Coin Market Review
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Now that CAC is listing an "independent market value guide" on their website listing the current prices of all CAC stickered coins,  why would anyone bother to subscribe to the CDN publication?

Edited by Tyrock
More precision in question

I'm not an expert on CACs but I think that for the most part you are looking at premiums of about 20% on a non-CAC coin for that type.  For collectors or dealers who are heavy or exclusively into CACs, I guess subscribing makes sense.

But my 20% Rule Of Thumb is probably accurate for most coins and where not, you can always look up recent auctions or sales.

JMHO......xD

[With all due respect to Tyrock, can anyone tell me whether Richard Snow's "Eagle Eye Photo Seal" plays any role in the history of CAC, and if so, how?]

14 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[With all due respect to Tyrock, can anyone tell me whether Richard Snow's "Eagle Eye Photo Seal" plays any role in the history of CAC, and if so, how?]

Nope, it’s too limited in application.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:55 AM, Tyrock said:

Now that CAC is listing an "independent market value guide" on their website listing the current prices of all CAC stickered coins,  why would anyone bother to subscribe to the CDN publication?

CDN publications are generally for dealer use as it is a basis for lowball offers. As a collector you will have to pay up for the higher end of the grade coins if you want the best. What I find is that most auction sales tend to hammer right near that Grey sheet price on coins I purchase.