• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 D Cooper Small Date is this worth something

23 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, l.cutler said:

Nice attitude, you'll last real long here.  The small date coin you pictured is a zinc cent, not copper.  The zinc bubbles are all over it.

Thanks I hope you like my attitude now the point was it’s a small date no attitude 

4 minutes ago, bobbyboshay said:

Thanks I hope you like my attitude now the point was it’s a small date no attitude 

Which is exactly what I said in my first response, the first coin is a large date, the second is a small date zinc.

The coin is in the wrong spot in the Whitman folder. While the coin or coins are 1982-D small dates, they are NOT copper. I can promise you that.

10 hours ago, VKurtB said:

While the coin or coins are 1982-D small dates,

VK is right these are small dates look at how the serf on the two kicks up and the hook of the two is gapped open

My scope hasn't came in yet so I'm still using my phone. With the damage on the 2 it's hard to tell. I'm sure it's large date but didn't want to try it back in without checking. Small or large? it's 3.08 grams

Screenshot_20210210-121402~2.png

It's a 82 D large date.  The large upper loop of the 8 tells me it isn't a small date and since the 1983 has the same size date it can't be an 83 either.

1 hour ago, DonnaJo said:

My scope hasn't came in yet so I'm still using my phone. With the damage on the 2 it's hard to tell. I'm sure it's large date but didn't want to try it back in without checking. Small or large? it's 3.08 grams

Screenshot_20210210-121402~2.png

In order to avoid confusion, it's better to start a new thread for each coin you would like to discuss. Posting your coin on someone else's thread makes it harder to figure out which coin is being talked about

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

In order to avoid confusion, it's better to start a new thread for each coin you would like to discuss. Posting your coin on someone else's thread makes it harder to figure out which coin is being talked about

+1, also please don't put up several threads on the same coins in different sections of the forum.  This also makes things very confusing, all the coins you have posted are large dates.