• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kennedy Halves

17 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Edward Plato said:

Ok, thanks for that info, one more question, I have this "no FG" half that may or not be one. I see a "G", that's it....another spender?

72D obverse.jpg

72D reverse.jpg

If you see a “G” it’s not a “no FG”.

3 hours ago, Edward Plato said:

Ok, thanks for that info, one more question, I have this "no FG" half that may or not be one. I see a "G", that's it....another spender?

72D obverse.jpg

72D reverse.jpg

On this one, "FG" fell off 'cause the coin was upside down....

;)

Thank you all for your input, I venture to say none of us will be applying for a job at NGC or PCGS; maybe ICG.....metal detector...geeeeeez !

I would think a heavily circulated coin, or a metal detector find, would be void of many features before anything else, such as the face and hair on the obverse and the shield and arrows on the reverse. At first glance I would suggest an improperly annealed planchet on the '92 D and a lamination error on the '95 P. Both of these theories could be way off, but again thank you for your input and I will focus on submitting right side up photos in the future.

44 minutes ago, Edward Plato said:

Thank you all for your input, I venture to say none of us will be applying for a job at NGC or PCGS; maybe ICG.....metal detector...geeeeeez !

I would think a heavily circulated coin, or a metal detector find, would be void of many features before anything else, such as the face and hair on the obverse and the shield and arrows on the reverse. At first glance I would suggest an improperly annealed planchet on the '92 D and a lamination error on the '95 P. Both of these theories could be way off, but again thank you for your input and I will focus on submitting right side up photos in the future.

Countless metal detector finds are free of the type of voids in design detail that you’d apparently expect. And that includes many coins that are several decades older than yours. 

Edited by MarkFeld

On 1/2/2021 at 7:45 AM, Edward Plato said:

I assume that this means that you have extensive experience with a metal detector, since you completely discount this theory.

Edited by Just Bob

I understand completely, text and emails, the downfall of our communication skills. That much being settled, the brown Kennedy is the first one I ever saw like that. Upon further inspection I do see considerable pitting so maybe this was buried. The other Kennedy still puzzles me but not going to dwell on it, just use it to purchase a donut.

Thanks Again

12 hours ago, Edward Plato said:

I understand completely, text and emails, the downfall of our communication skills. That much being settled, the brown Kennedy is the first one I ever saw like that. Upon further inspection I do see considerable pitting so maybe this was buried. The other Kennedy still puzzles me but not going to dwell on it, just use it to purchase a donut.

Thanks Again

Keep searching where you have been searching and I have total confidence you’ll soon find another.