• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week #54 - Everybody's workin' for the weekend...

16 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Aside from the obvious differences (size, weight, value, etc.), the design of the Seated Liberty Half Dollar has something that makes it unique among coins of this type. What is it?

First post that correctly answers wins an NGC Population book.

Don't forget, we also draw for a runner-up prize from all remaining posts with a correct answer.

Good Luck!

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

I am stumped, but I will guess that it is the only one that had a branch mint issued without a mintmark.

They're the only seated issue that EVP does not collect!

No, THAT must be wrong!

Okay, Liberty is retained in the original Sully-Gobrecht design on the half, while other seated issues have the Robert Ball Hughes design of Liberty (thus, the different cloak).

tongue.gif Hoot.

The question: Aside from the obvious differences (size,weight,value, etc.) the design of the Seated Liberty Liberty Half Dollar has something that makes it unique among coins of this type. What was it?

The answer is The half dollar was the only Seated Liberty coin to retain the original Christian Gobrecht interpretation throughout its production. The others feature modified designs by Hughes, Longacre or W. Barber.

Unfortuanately there is no winner this week.

Thanks for your participation!

Shouldn't mhooten win. He was on the same wavelengh as you were. Just didn't mention the two other designers. Unless you discredited it because EVP also must of collected them at some point. CHRIS

Chris,

I totally agree with you. Mhooten should receive something for being the only one who answered it correctly although it was not the complete answer that we were looking for.

Mhooten your prize will be sent out asap.

Congratulaions!!

Danielle

Thank you Chris! Thank you Danielle! My answer comes from Breen's encyclopedia - at least it was halfway correct!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Hoot

I totally agree with you. Mhooten should receive something for being the only one who answered it correctly although it was not the complete answer that we were looking for.

Sweet! MHooten deserved it and got it!