• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about 1918 S 2 Feathers 5Cents
1 1

8 posts in this topic

While it does look to be from the same obverse die I do see the third feather on your example, so I would have to say that your coin is of an earlier die state than that of the 2 feather example you have shown.  And as such would not qualify as a 2 feather coin.

Thanks Guys! I appreciate it.

Especially Mr. Lange, I think it is great you participate in the forum answering questions.

I use your Buffalo Nickel book often. It has been here next to my desk for almost twenty years.  

1 minute ago, CRAWTOMATIC said:

@Fullhorn woohoo!  I feel famous that my coin pic was used for reference.  :banana:

Congrats on getting another one identified and presumably attributed shortly.  Yours is friggin' beautiful.

Sorry for not asking permission. Your coin is so similar I could not help myself. It looks like my coin with just a little more wear. I didn't know you were a member here and thought I would sneak it in. I appreciate your being a good sport.

5 minutes ago, Fullhorn said:

Sorry for not asking permission. Your coin is so similar I could not help myself. It looks like my coin with just a little more wear. I didn't know you were a member here and thought I would sneak it in. I appreciate your being a good sport.

Oh, no worries at all.  If I put something online, especially an eBay listing, I fully allow that it's public domain at that point.  I'm honestly happy enough that it could serve as a reasonable reference.  Some coins photograph easier than others for me and I don't have the best equipment but I'm making do.