• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Questions on Submissions for Grading

9 posts in this topic

- What address do you mail your coins to be graded?

- This is a weird question, but with all these requirements about sending sealed boxes to NGC for some special submissions: What happens if you forget to list a coin in your invoice and it is included in a box you send to NGC for grading sealed from the Mint? Will NGC contact you regarding that additional coin for guidance or what exactly happens?

- Do you recommend selecting the Scratch-Resistant Holder for $5? Is there an actual palpable difference or benefit from it?

- If a submission of multiple new coins only has a set with one numbered COA, how would noting "Add COA Number" and "Holder COA" affect the pricing of the invoice? Will that just add the $5 and $25 respectively to the total for that one COA? Would those fees be added to all the other coins even though they won't have a COA?

- What is the best storage case that can hold NGC cases and Mint cases as well?

- Is there a best option from Early Releases or First Releases from a value standpoint? Or none whatsoever...should I care?

- How do you combine shipping when using the fillable PDF option of the form? Will NGC charge you for the total listed or will they consider and honor the "Ship With Form #" at the top of the form for multiple invoices?

Thank you all for your consideration in helping a newbie here!

2 hours ago, Coamex said:

- This is a weird question, but with all these requirements about sending sealed boxes to NGC for some special submissions: What happens if you forget to list a coin in your invoice and it is included in a box you send to NGC for grading sealed from the Mint? Will NGC contact you regarding that additional coin for guidance or what exactly happens?

- Do you recommend selecting the Scratch-Resistant Holder for $5? Is there an actual palpable difference or benefit from it?

- If a submission of multiple new coins only has a set with one numbered COA, how would noting "Add COA Number" and "Holder COA" affect the pricing of the invoice? Will that just add the $5 and $25 respectively to the total for that one COA? Would those fees be added to all the other coins even though they won't have a COA?

- Is there a best option from Early Releases or First Releases from a value standpoint? Or none whatsoever...should I care?

- How do you combine shipping when using the fillable PDF option of the form? Will NGC charge you for the total listed or will they consider and honor the "Ship With Form #" at the top of the form for multiple invoices?

I can answer a few of your questions. Im still a newbie but I have submitted a few new coins. I submitted mine using the online submission form. I was overwhelmed until I submitted a couple and it gets easier. Once you go thru the steps they will give you the address onto the submission form. Also for the scratch resistant holders I prefer them myself. They regular ones scratch very easy unless you handle them with extreme care. I think its worth the extra money myself. Cant speak for everyone but I will always get it. Also I've learned from hanging around in the chat boards that these technical questions about submission info gets answered better under the ask NGC category.  Hope I helped you some my friend. Good luck on your submission. Sorry I couldn't answer all your questions but maybe someone who can will come along shortly. If not ask in the "ask NGC"  category. 

14 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I can answer a few of your questions. Im still a newbie but I have submitted a few new coins. I submitted mine using the online submission form. I was overwhelmed until I submitted a couple and it gets easier. Once you go thru the steps they will give you the address onto the submission form. Also for the scratch resistant holders I prefer them myself. They regular ones scratch very easy unless you handle them with extreme care. I think its worth the extra money myself. Cant speak for everyone but I will always get it. Also I've learned from hanging around in the chat boards that these technical questions about submission info gets answered better under the ask NGC category.  Hope I helped you some my friend. Good luck on your submission. Sorry I couldn't answer all your questions but maybe someone who can will come along shortly. If not ask in the "ask NGC"  category. 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Coamex said:

Thanks!

No problem my friend. The very first time I ever submitted i was completely overwhelmed. You will find it alot easier once you do it a time or two. The address you send it to is a Sarasota Florida address. They will walk you thru it on the online submission. Myself also,  I watched a YouTube video on it showing how to do it. Once you get everything all done it will tell you to print it and you keep a copy and send the rest in. If thats how you want to do it. It was the easiest for me. 

I also shipped mine in the mint packaging just like I got it from mint. I didn't send my coa in with it. I wrote on  2 small papers the submission form number and line number on each. I taped one to the capsule the coin is in and one to the box the capsule is in. I dont know if they need it on both but I did just for a little insurance. 

12 hours ago, Coamex said:

Lots of questions. 

1) the NGC address is on top of their forms

2) double check your submission to ensure there are no mistakes. NGC will adjust your submissions, however if there is an error.

3) I do not purchase the scratch resistant holders as I am very careful with mine. I may purchase them on the more valuable coins in the future, however.

4) to holder a COA - I'd call NGC for the cost or look it up on their website. 

5) storage cases range from very elaborate and expensive to the standard NGC boxes - which I use and am very satisfied with -they also fit nicely in a safe deposit box. As far as mint cases - I cannot comment.

6) some people will pay a bit extra for early or first releases thinking that the strike is better or they just like the notation. Personally - I do not place much stock in them and would not pay extra.

7) there is an option (check box) on the submission forms to combine different submissions for shipment back to you. Shipping charges would be based on the entire shipment (# of coins and value).

good luck. 

They answered all of your questions. Ditto on the 'Ask NGC', they're very congenial. I just wanted to add, 'scratch resistant' is the only way to go, it's already protected mine several times where I had small accidents. I wish my arms and legs were scratch resistant, I'd pay an extra $500.

59 minutes ago, ronnie stein said:

They answered all of your questions. Ditto on the 'Ask NGC', they're very congenial. I just wanted to add, 'scratch resistant' is the only way to go, it's already protected mine several times where I had small accidents. I wish my arms and legs were scratch resistant, I'd pay an extra $500.

Same here my friend. Id paid for it also before I married this crazy woman. She's put a scratch or 2 on me over the years. Mean as a rattlesnake.