• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HUGE COIN COLLECTION I INHERITED

5 posts in this topic

It's interesting, nice eclectic mix in the first pic. Most of what I'm seeing probably isn't going to be worth tons of money, but they're cool and fun. If you want a positive ID on the coin purported to be ancient Greek, I can probably help you with that but I'll need to coach you on the photography. Let me know if you want that.

If you decide to keep them, I suspect those flips might be the older kind with the plastic that can eventually harm the coins. Someone help me out here; I'm not sure when everyone realized this and switched to mylar, nor whether these are of that age, but some of the flips look like they've been around a while.

Oh, how would Tony Soprano say it?? “This is just a taste” of what she has! Literally about 5% of her collection. Is there a three I can post videos of??Trust me ANY coin collector WANTS TO SEE WHAT SHE HAS. 

Look forward to seeing more.  I would also take a pair of needle-nose pliers and make sure the staples are flattened on your 2x2's.  Although the batch you showed are not in mint condition - there is no point in adding scratches or damage due to a staple when it is easily prevented.   

Welcome to the Forum-

Looks like you have some work ahead of you. If you want information on a specific coin, large clear photos ( like the 1922 Peace Dollar) of both sides on a separate post for each coin will be required. There are experts here that can help with just about any question you may have. Looking forward to seeing more of your collection.