• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1907- 5 cent Canadian silver
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I'm just wanting a bit of history on this coin. For some reason I can't get into the history of it. Just want's to talk about, you know conditions ,mintage ect. I'm just wondering how could they have made a tiny 5 cent. I would have probably back in the day misplace something like this. Sorry i was practicing Houdini to balance the coin to take a photo. It's as big as my thumb nail. Also smaller than a dime. Any history on this would be great. Thanks 

20201112_163508.jpg

20201112_164440.jpg

20201112_164709.jpg

29 minutes ago, Moxie15 said:

ok first do not handle coins like that, ever.

next you should know that by now.

that was a common size and denomination for years. The USA made half dimes from 1792 to I think 1867. 

Ahahahah, lol it took alot of talent. I'll be sure not to ever do that again. lol

The nickname of those 5 cent coins because of their small size was "fishscales". There were three varieties that year. Yours is the 1907 Narrow Date variety.

Edited by Greenstang
Correct typo