• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coins graded directly from US Mint

9 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Mdpittman said:

Can I have coins that I purchase directly from the US Mint mailed directly to NGC for grading? If so, is the coin likely to recieve a higher grade?

No and no. And it has nothing to do with how long it would take to be graded. 

You need to fill out submission forms that you include with your submittal, which identifies the coins, any special labels you want, your billing information, etc.  If you are worried about getting the highest grade possible, I suggest not removing the mint coins from the box they come in.  Just put in a larger box along with your submittal form.  And really, you would only save the maybe 3 or 4 days it takes to get to you from the miont.   

On 10/27/2020 at 1:46 AM, Mdpittman said:

is the coin likely to recieve a higher grade?

No, why would you think so? The grade is what the grade is, unless you are really bad at handling coins.

1 minute ago, VKurtB said:

No, why would you think so? The grade is what the grade is, unless you are really bad at handling coins.

Because they are coming directly from the mint versus being shipped in by a consumer... I would think that coming directly from the mint they would have the potential to be graded slightly higher. Possibly even recieve a annotation of some sort?

On 10/27/2020 at 2:10 AM, Modwriter said:

I get a lot of coins from the US MINT. I buy them by the roll. As far as submitting, I would NOT have them shipped directly to a TPG, unless you want to wait months for them to get graded. Good Luck my Brother.

Thanks man!

1 minute ago, Mdpittman said:

Because they are coming directly from the mint versus being shipped in by a consumer... I would think that coming directly from the mint they would have the potential to be graded slightly higher. Possibly even recieve a annotation of some sort?

Nope, put that idea out of your mind. The coin is what the coin is, period.

8 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

9 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Nope, put that idea out of your mind. The coin is what the coin is, period.

You seem like a very helpful person. Willing to listen and teach others all the wealth of knowledge you have about coins. Thanks for your input buddy!

1 minute ago, Mdpittman said:

You seem like a very helpful person. Willing to listen and teach others all the wealth of knowledge you have about coins. Thanks for your input buddy!

I'm pretty sure that what you have asked about cannot even be done.