• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971-D dime DDO
2 2

10 posts in this topic

So I've been working on this dime for about a week and a half. Doing research thinking how some of the date and lettering are like this. If you look at the G in GOD, it tells me its somewhat doubling. And some on TRUST. Maybe it's die deterioration doubling. And look at the ear, that keeps me wondering to. Cool coin though, it kept me busy for a little bit. Lol

20200824_162819.jpg

20200824_162628.jpg

20200824_162413.jpg

3 minutes ago, KarenHolcomb said:

70's, 80'd, 90's...heck, I'd like to see a Dime from any year prior to 2000 that wasn't mushy and worn.

If you go back far enough, back into the silver era, they exist. But you’re right. From 1965 to 2000, they weren’t so impressive. 

2 minutes ago, KarenHolcomb said:

@VKurtB hi. 

Good to umm, err, read(?) you again, too. Some SMS year dimes are very nice too.

Edited by VKurtB

@VKurtB, thanks. Nice to read you as well Sir.

Yes, I have the SMS Sets and you are correct. In my defense, I didn't include the years below 1970 in my comment. I don't look at my coins much anymore but I seem to recall thinking that the QC standards were severely lacking from around 1979 on with regard to most circulating coins struck.  I could be off though. 

8 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

@VKurtB, thanks. Nice to read you as well Sir.

Yes, I have the SMS Sets and you are correct. In my defense, I didn't include the years below 1970 in my comment. I don't look at my coins much anymore but I seem to recall thinking that the QC standards were severely lacking from around 1979 on with regard to most circulating coins struck.  I could be off though. 

Well.... 1979 surely is the bottom of the barrel for some things that should be easy peasy, like a decent mint mark on a proof coin, for cryin’ out loud. But hey, it was the Carter administration and there was a malaise.... :insane: