• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morgan Silver Dollar Grading

3 posts in this topic

This is only my third question here & I'm relatively new to Morgan Dollar coin collecting. Do the NGC graders identify specific VAM coins on their own or does the person submitting need to when they are sent in?  Thanks, and please forgive my naivete.

Go to www.ngccoin.com and call up the NGC fillable PDF.  In section 7 is a box labeled 'Variety Plus'.  Check this box.  Then in Section 11 when you enter a coin to be graded check 'Variety Plus'.

VarietyPlus® Tier + 5 working days Upon request, NGC examines coins for recognized varieties and assigns an appropriate attribution. Also choose a grading tier according to coin value and desired
turnaround. If you would like a coin already graded by NGC to be reviewed for a variety, do not select a grading tier. See NGCcoin.com/varietyplus for a complete
list of varieties we recognize. The VarietyPlus fee applies when requested regardless of whether NGC determines the coin to be a recognized variety.