• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncirculated $5 gold 1906

6 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

Purchased for $20? When? The last time gold was $80/oz was 1973.

Ditto

Edited to add; if you bought this in even the past five years for $20 odds are very high its hotter than the fourth of July, or counterfeit.

Edited by Coinbuf

I have some pre-1933 gold commons $2.5 Indian Heads that are MS62 and I can tell you no way you paid $20 for a genuine. Those are so highly faked.  I can also tell you that's exactly what the coin is you have pictured by the bridge of the nose.  It's a fake.  Your coin is missing the very slight curve from the eyebrow to the top of the forehead.  Good thing you only lost $20 but you can buy these fakes for just $5 on the street.

https://coinweek.com/counterfeits/counterfeit-coin-detection-liberty-half-eagles/

Watch some videos on You Tube to see how many people get the disappointing news from NGC and PCGS after paying so much for the coin and for paying for the grading service on a gold coin only to hear it's a fake.  

There are other obvious issues with your coin that give away that it's a fake.  I see issues right away with the beads in her hair and the stars.  

I’m sorry. It was purchased pre 1965. Looking at it it does seem somewhat fake, but the weight seems correct.

Thanks for helping me.

Edited by CoinCoward