• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1881-O Morgan dollar
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,  just got this today. Just wondering if it's fake or been cleaned. The reason I think it's fake is because it doesn't weigh like it should. If it's not fake then there are some errors on this. Like spitting eagle, if it's clear  enough to see and a couple of horns coming out from her forehead and front  of her hair. I'm crossing my fingers that it's real. :wishluck: thanks 

20200604_200103.jpg

20200604_200023.jpg

33% underweight is way too much. Check your scale with known pocket change, make sure it's accurate. Otherwise all the missing detail deep in the hair area would make me say fake anyway.

7 minutes ago, kbbpll said:

33% underweight is way too much. Check your scale with known pocket change, make sure it's accurate. Otherwise all the missing detail deep in the hair area would make me say fake anyway.

Yeah it's still the same. I changed the batteries and all the other coins are right on. Man this is bad. Now I have to take this one back. doh! Thank you 

2 hours ago, Hinkle said:

Yeah it's still the same. I changed the batteries and all the other coins are right on. Man this is bad. Now I have to take this one back. doh! Thank you 

Well, at least you have the option of taking it back... hopefully your shop is good about stuff like that...