• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar No AW

2 posts in this topic

I have a Proof 1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar that has been graded by PCGS. The coin has no "AW" on the reverse, but since PCGS does not yet recognize the variety, it is not shown as such. When logged into my set, it shows as the "with AW" variety. How do I go about reconciling this dilemma? Is there a way to switch it and do this without having the coin regraded? 

B. 1941 No AW.jpg

A. Blast White Proof Walker.jpg

• Administrator
On 5/15/2020 at 8:42 PM, tricengetrix said:

I have a Proof 1941 Walking Liberty Half Dollar that has been graded by PCGS. The coin has no "AW" on the reverse, but since PCGS does not yet recognize the variety, it is not shown as such. When logged into my set, it shows as the "with AW" variety. How do I go about reconciling this dilemma? Is there a way to switch it and do this without having the coin regraded? 

B. 1941 No AW.jpg

A. Blast White Proof Walker.jpg

Hello and thanks for your interest.

The NGC Registry is a mirror of a coin's description on the label. If you wish your coin to reflect a variety in the NGC Registry, you would need to submit your coin for a variety service. Please let us know if you need further assistance.