• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Eagles

5 posts in this topic

I have a question about Silver Eagles. From the mint or graded how do I get my original investment back. I keep reading dealers will only pay spot or Below. Thanks

1 hour ago, Elway777 said:

I have a question about Silver Eagles. From the mint or graded how do I get my original investment back. I keep reading dealers will only pay spot or Below. Thanks

You mostly don't, depending on what you paid and where bullion prices are at. They're modern bullion coins.

52 minutes ago, Elway777 said:

Well, silver is at 15+ right now and the American Eagle runs 28 to 32. How are you winning?

You can't.  For decades now the system was designed to favor the dealer and NOT the buyer/seller.  

11 hours ago, Elway777 said:

From the mint or graded how do I get my original investment back.

In general...you don't.

8 hours ago, Elway777 said:

Well, silver is at 15+ right now and the American Eagle runs 28 to 32.

That's nuts.  I don't follow the bullion market much anymore, but it used to be silver eagles tended to trade just two to three dollars over spot.  I know the distributors buy them from the Mint at $2 over spot.  My guess is the shut downs at San Francisco and West Point got people worked up and they've been bidding them up.