• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

64 accent hair

4 posts in this topic

While going through some proof set I took another look at this 1964 which appears to be an accent hair proof. I know it's difficult to give any accurate assessment of a grade though pics and the fact it is still in the packaging. The coin is far from perfect but what is shown in the obverse photo is on the plastic not the coin.  I may consider to send this one  in on my next submission. Any thoughts on real value to be graded?

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

I don't think it will qualify for a Cameo designation, so it will need to grade PF68 or better to be worth the expense of grading, shipping, insurance, etc., in my opinion. If there are any marks anywhere on it visible to the naked eye, including hairlines or spots, it would probably not be worth the risk.

13 hours ago, Greenstang said:

Looks like you may have a winner but would have liked to see complete photo of reverse.

Yes Bob, I doubt it would be Cameo but think it may get a 68 (so that means it will grade at 67 xD)

Here are some better pics .... any lines, spots or blemishes are on the plastic. I'm reluctant to remove as of yet unless I am sure I want to send it. 

1.jpg

2.jpg