• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 D Roosevelt Dime Condition

4 posts in this topic

I recently acquired a roll of Roosevelt dimes in a Whitman tube - sealed for what looks to be since minting. Just throwing this out there for opinions on where you think these would grade. All 50 are pretty similar in how clean and frosty they are, some with very minor spots (kinda like milk spots). I'm thinking MS63 or so?

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Nice bunch of dimes. I would guess maybe MS63 or 64 on the one in the close-up.

If you ever want to remove them from the tube without dumping them, try this: Lay a soft cloth on the table. Stuff a cotton ball in the mouth of the tube, leaving a little hanging out. Turn the tube over carefully and place it, mouth down, on the cloth.Then, tilt the tube, and use tweezers to pull away the cotton a little at a time, until the coins are resting on the cloth. Lift off the tube carefully, and, voila, you have a stack of dimes.

Looks like a real nice BU roll, the one in your photo is at least MS63 so I would guess from the few you have in the second pic that the others are in the 63-65 range.

2 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Nice bunch of dimes. I would guess maybe MS63 or 64 on the one in the close-up.

If you ever want to remove them from the tube without dumping them, try this: Lay a soft cloth on the table. Stuff a cotton ball in the mouth of the tube, leaving a little hanging out. Turn the tube over carefully and place it, mouth down, on the cloth.Then, tilt the tube, and use tweezers to pull away the cotton a little at a time, until the coins are resting on the cloth. Lift off the tube carefully, and, voila, you have a stack of dimes.

I hear ya Bob ... I assure I didn't dump them ! I carefully placed them for the pic LOL. 

Just wanted to show the condition of the entire roll which I was surprised how nice they are :)

Edited by Terence:)