• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little help grading Peace Dollar please

8 posts in this topic

I'm a bit torn on grading this one - not the best photos. Any assistance will be appreciated.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Zebo

Hard to read the luster from the photos, the surfaces look to have some rub, a fingerprint, and some dings and reed marks.  Assuming there is some luster still I'd call it AU55, if the luster is subdued or impaired then AU50 or less.

Edited by Coinbuf

13 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Hard to read the luster from the photos, the surfaces look to have some rub, a fingerprint, and some dings and reed marks.  Assuming there is some luster still I'd call it AU55, if the luster is subdued or impaired then AU50 or less.

Posted a better obverse photo. It has luster. Looks better in hand than the photos which were bleached out some. 

From the photos -- laundered AU with prominent fingerprint. But reality is reality....

55 minutes ago, RWB said:

From the photos -- laundered AU with prominent fingerprint. But reality is reality....

That fingerprint is unfortunate. Even without it - it's an AU coin in my opinion although I am not all that familiar with the series. Where I'm a bit undecided is if it would be a details coin. I leaning towards that.

Edited by Zebo

It's not a coin I would buy or sell. From only the photos, nothing about it makes me "smile."