• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original Errors

6 posts in this topic

Are these errors on this 1970 Quarter original? What about this Delaware State Quarter - mark on the rear of the horse and the mark in front of the rider?

Thanks for any information!

Tiffany

IMG_2653 3.jpg

IMG_2654 3.jpg

IMG_2643 copy.jpg

Post-mint damage (aka PMD). Things clamped down on that quarter well after it left the mint. You can safely spend it.

39 minutes ago, Tiffdrob said:

Another person who posts good photos, asks a clear question, gets an answer, and believes it! We're on a roll!

In case you wonder, I'm not making fun of you. We get that rarely enough and we truly appreciate it. Please keep collecting and posting and learning.

Agree with what JKK says.

Also for your information, any error has to be original. If it is not, then it is classed as damage. Don't be afraid to ask questions, that is how you will learn.

I just need to be educated on this, my father in law died and we found many, many coins of all denominations.  I think I am getting somewhere, then I do more research and get different answers.  It is definitely a slow process.  Thanks so much for your information.