• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2011 d nickel MD or DDO
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I was doing some research on this. and found one on here on the chat forum. But nobody's commented on that thread. Now that I have one what would be your thoughts on this particular piece. Hmmm. I want to say MD or deterioration die.hm mostly on the date and liberty. 

20200113_170009.jpg

20200113_165833.jpg

20200113_165706.jpg

My understanding is that "real" DDOs cannot occur after 1986 and/or 1996 (I can't keep the year straight in my head), when the mints started using single squeeze hubbing. If they're no longer pressing the dies more than once, DDOs can't happen. An actual expert might want to chime in.

1 hour ago, kbbpll said:

My understanding is that "real" DDOs cannot occur after 1986 and/or 1996 (I can't keep the year straight in my head), when the mints started using single squeeze hubbing. If they're no longer pressing the dies more than once, DDOs can't happen. An actual expert might want to chime in.

Thanks, 86 or 96 was single press after .But that's odd for this year date nickel looks like that. :gossip: maybe someone faked it. Ahahahah, just joking.