• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 d penny GUD not GOD error
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,  this is interesting. I posted a 1973 d like this one while back. It's called over polishing die. My question is, are these common. Because a lot happened in the 70s. Can't really see but little bit of MD on the reverse. Thanks 

20191227_204942.jpg

20191227_205152.jpg

Thank you Bob and kirt . I didn't realize the elevating roof or the initials . It's really cool though. To bad it's common, need to hunt for the rare ones.🧐😁

Hinkle, just a thought for you...collect what you enjoy and take others' advice as just that. I've been collecting coins since I was ten, which is entirely too many years ago now. I have focused exclusively on what *I* think is cool or interesting, and have paid literally no mind to value or rarity. To me, errors aren't really very interesting, even the real DDs. Still, I do look for them, and I tend to keep error coins like the one you posted as good examples to look back at. If you think errors are cool, put it in a flip and keep it! If you think it's junk, spend it - it will find its way to someone who appreciates it. The nice thing about this hobby is you don't need a ton of space so you can keep a lot of interesting things while continuing to hunt for the rare ones.