• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

State Quarters in mint rolls
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I have the opportunity to buy 40 different us mint rolls of state quarters, at face value. I was just wondering if I should just to put them away in my collection. $400 is a lot to me so I don't want to just waste money. What do you people think?

One are they really Mint rolls, or are they just bank rolls.  If they are Mint rools the fact that someone paid about $18 apiece for them and today you can buy them for $10 should tell you something.  If they are bank rolls the fact that almost ten years after the series ended you can get them for face value says something as well.

38 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

One are they really Mint rolls, or are they just bank rolls.  If they are Mint rools the fact that someone paid about $18 apiece for them and today you can buy them for $10 should tell you something.  If they are bank rolls the fact that almost ten years after the series ended you can get them for face value says something as well.

Thank you Conder101, I am sort of new to collecting.  I did it with my dad as a kid and now do it for something to pass forward some day. I have never sold a coin but have been very lucky in some things this year. 3 of the W Quarters and the S enhanced reverse silver eagle.  I take advice and like  they say read a lot.  I don't spend much on anything as I am old and retired but the lady's at my bank always try to save things for me. That is where the rolls of state quarters come from. I think they are mint rolls from what I read.

IMG_6647.JPG

Even if they were regular bank wrapped rolls you are losing nothing if you buy them at face value and put them up. It's not a bad idea to have a part of your collection in some very liquid assets, plus when it comes time to buy a coin you really want you will be ahead of the game.

3 minutes ago, Paris-Coins said:

Even if they were regular bank wrapped rolls you are losing nothing if you buy them at face value and put them up. It's not a bad idea to have a part of your collection in some very liquid assets, plus when it comes time to buy a coin you really want you will be ahead of the game.

That is kind of my thinking, I can always get my $10 a roll and maybe my LCD might give me a little more if I am buying some coins off him. Nothing to lose an they might be nice to pass a long.  who knows what they could be worth in 50 years, LOL