• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TV Coin Shows
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is even the right place to ask and or say this: How is it that real small collectors can't get a coin from the mint, yet I set the TV coin guys have a 1000of them, (PF70 from a second rate grading company), for sale?  I know I am new to coin collecting (8 years on my own, 50years watching dad) compared to some of you. Don't you think this hurts the world of collecting when everyone is not playing on a even field? I will not even get into their over pricing and misleading talks. Don't get me wrong, I believe in free enterprise.  But give everyone a chance and the value of coins would go up too.  I buy coins for myself, not to flip. I do buy things like mint sets and proof sets as gifts for some of my nieces and nephews, hoping they too will collet coins someday.  Two or three time this year  have seen coin sale out at the mint, but the TV coin shows have 100s or 1000s of the will sale you for an inflated price.

Just know that good stuff will not be advertised on TV. You will have to look far and deep for real [choice for the grade] coins that will appreciate in value if you keep them.